Chapter 22 - Small Bump

I Am Still Painting Flowers For You. (Alex Gaskarth)

Chapter 22 - Small Bump

"Babe, how've you been?" I heard Alex say when he walked through the hotel door. "Horrible. I feel like dying." I said. "Aw, maybe you should go see a doctor." Alex said. "Yeah, maybe…" I started. "Is there something else wrong, Alice?" He asked me. "No, everything's fine." I lied. "What did you find on Christina?" I asked him. "Well, they know where she is and they said that they'll contact us and send up paperwork and stuff for her and all the stuff." He said. "Alex, that's amazing!" I said jumping out of bed and hugging him tightly. "We can finally go home!" He said. "Yes, we can!" I said. We both lay down together and slept for the rest of the day. 

A few days later, me and Alex were finally back at home in our apartment. If I am pregnant, then we'll need to get a house. This place won't be big enough for us all. "Alex, I'm going to the doctor now!" I shouted through the apartment. "Okay, be safe!" He said. "Okay!" I said back and then left our apartment and got into my car and drove to the hospital. 

I went straight up to the front desk, feeling a little nervous. "Name please." The secretary asked me. "Alice Gaskarth." I said in a quiet voice. "Yes, the doctor will be with you in a just a few minutes." She said smiling at me. "Thank you." I replied back and then sat down in the waiting centre. After about ten minutes of me being caught up in my thoughts, I heard the door open and a nurse come out. "Alice Gaskarth?" She called out. I stood up and grabbed my things. "Hello Alice. Follow me." She said while smiling. I smiled back at her and followed her through the narrow hallways until she stopped in front of a door. "Okay, the doctor will be here in a just a second. She's just finishing up right now." The nurse said and then walked out of the room. The anticipation was killing me. It suddenly got very hot in the room. Maybe I was just nervous. After a few minutes, the doctor finally came in. "Hello, Mrs. Gaskarth. I'm Dr. Payne. Nice to meet you." She said smiling at me. "You too." I said in a shy voice. "Okay, so you're here because you think you could be pregnant?" She asked. "Yes." I said nodding. "Okay, why do you think that?" She said writing everything down. "Well, I've been getting weird cravings for food, I've been getting morning sickness, I've been feeling lightheaded and I've been very moody." I told her. "Yes, those are all the signs of pregnancy." She said nodding her head. "Here's a pregnancy test, go take it and then we'll also do an alter sound because pregnancy tests aren't always accurate." She says smiling. "I'll leave you alone for a minute." She said smiling. She walked out of the room and I walked into the bathroom and took the test. I walked out soon after, and then the doctor walked back in and sat with me and we just talked for awhile until we heard the timer go off. She slowly picked up the pregnancy test and smiled at me. "Well, according to this test, it says you're pregnant." She said. I nodded my head and then she did the alter sound on me. Suddenly something appeared on the small screen. "Mrs. Gaskarth, you are most defiantly pregnant." 

I walked into me and Alex's apartment all smiles. "Babe, is that you?" I heard Alex say from my art studio which is also his music studio. "No, it's a monster." I said sarcastically. "Hahaha, very funny." He said walking out of the room in a t-shirt and his superman boxers. "Alex, go put some pants on." I said. "Why? It's my house, I don't need to wear pants." He said shrugging his shoulders. "Whatever." I said kissing him passionately. "What was that for?" He asked when I pulled back. "I have a surprise for you." I said to him suddenly feeling nervous again. "What is it? Is it good?" He asked me. "You to me." I said handing him the pregnancy test from the doctor. He looked at me confused, then took the test from my hand and looked at it. His eyes widened and he looked at me as if saying, "really?!" I smiled and then he took me in his arms and spun me around. "Oh my god. We're gonna be parents." He said small tears forming in his eyes. "We're having a baby." He whispered before kissing me again.