Chapter 16 - The Only One

I Am Still Painting Flowers For You (Alex Gaskarth)

Chapter 16 - The Only One

"Hey Alice! Hey Alice! Get up! I have a surprise for you." Alex said shaking me lightly one cold morning. "Whaaaaaat?!" I whined when I finally really got up. "Come to the living room, I wanna show you something." He said. I looked at him suspiciously but followed him anyways. "I wrote a new song!" He told me excitedly. "Awesome! I will be the first to hear it, I'm guessing." I said as I sat beside him on the couch. "Of course you are my lady." He said while tuning his guitar. "Okay, I don't want to ruin it for you when it comes out on the album, so I'm just going to play you the chorus." He said. I nodded in agreement, and then he started singing and strumming away. "Wendy run away with me, I know I sound crazy, don't you see what you do to me? I wanna be your lost boy, your last chance at a better reality, yeah…" He continued on with the chorus and I sat there lost in his voice. When he was done, he looked over at me. I was still in sort of a trance, so he had to kiss me to make me snap out of it. "Alice? Did you like it?" He asked me. "Yeah, it was amazing." I told him. "Good, because it's about you." He said kissing me again. This time I kissed him back and he picked me up and led us back to our bedroom… 

Me and Alex lay on the couch that night, watching anything that was on TV. We weren't really paying much attention, we were both on our phones and cuddling. What Alex said next shocked me. "Let's get married." I turned to look at him. "What?" I asked. "You heard me. Let's get married." He said letting go of me and standing up. "Why?" I asked him. "Because I love you. And even though we haven't been together very long, I know that I want to be with you. Forever." He told me. "How is Jack going to feel about this? Your fans? Alex, this is not a joke. We have to think this threw!" I said panicking a little. He was making a mistake. He didn't want to marry me. No one would want to marry me. "Fine, until Saturday. On Sunday we go to Vegas and we get married, deal?" He asked me. "Deal." I said to him. 

It was now Saturday. I was still a little confused about me and Alex getting married. I really wanted to get married to him, but there was so many things in my way. Jack. The fans. My family. Alex's family. In reality we couldn't really just run away to Las Vegas and get married. I mean, we could but that's only dreaming! But no, Alex really wanted to do this. I did too. I asked Jenny what she thought, and she told me that I should just do whatever I want to. I shouldn't let anything get in between me and Alex, and right now I was nervous so I was letting any little thing come between us and this marriage. I don't want to have to make Alex go threw the same thing with his ex, the Remembering Sunday girl. She ran away from him and didn't want to marry him, and I didn't want him to go threw that again. Then there was Lisa. What would she do if she found out Alex was married? Well, there really is nothing she could do because she doesn't have a say in anything we do because it's our relationship. But I was still worrying about everything. Alex is convinced that I'm willing to marry him, which I am, and he keeps reassuring me everything is going to be okay. But everything isn't going to be okay! My parents will burry me alive, Jack will beat Alex's ass, and I'll probably get killed in the night by Lisa. Ha. Sounds like fun, right? Yes, sarcasm intended. "Babe?" I heard Alex call from our room, which snapped me out of my thoughts. "Yeah?" I asked him. "I just came to see what you're doing. What are you painting? What's your next project?" He asked me. I looked from him, to my new painting that I had just painted today. "Well, I was painting flowers. The background is red, and I think red represents love, and the white rose is me, and the black rose is you." I explained to him. He smiled and kissed me on the cheek. I was proud of this painting. "I will always paint flowers for you." I told Alex. "You better. Are you done packing for Vegas tomorrow?" He asked winking at me. "The hotel is booked, the chapel is booked, everything." He told me excitedly. "Are you sure you want to do this Alex?" I asked him again. "Yes. I am very sure." He told me. "Uh, okay… Yes, I'm packed." I told him cautiously. "Good. Now go get some sleep, we leave early tomorrow morning. It's gonna be a long day baby girl." He said before going to our room and sleeping. 

The next morning me and Alex were driving to Las Vegas. I had always loved it here. It reminded me of downtown, but everywhere you went it was downtown. As you can tell, I'm a city girl. When me and Alex finally arrived at our hotel, we both quickly got changed because it was almost our time to get married. I changed into a black dress that stopped at my thighs, and a pair of black high heels. I curled my hair, and wore a pair of plain silver earrings. Alex wore a black pair of skinnys, his Converse and a white button up shirt with a black tie. Not to be conceited, but we looked pretty hot together. "Ready?" Alex asked me. "Ready as ever. " I replied to him. "You're not getting cold feet now, are you?" He asked winking. "Never." I whispered before kissing him lightly, then getting into the rental car and driving to the chapel.

When we got there, we walked right in and no one was there. Just us. I smiled at Alex, as the priest welcomed us. We stood there, in front of each other, and began to say our vows after the priest had said everything he needed to. "Alice Carrie Barakat. I've loved you ever since the day your brother introduced us. I never thought we would date, because of your brother but he was understanding and let us be together. I will always love you, and I am still painting flowers for you." Alex told me. Now it was my turn. I was close to tears. "Alexander William Gaskarth. The first day I met you, I thought you were a complete jerk. But then I started to get to know you. You were the nicest guy I had ever met, and I instantly fell in love with you. Almost like love at first sight," I stopped to catch my breath because by this time I was sobbing. "I trust you with everything, and I know you will take care of me the best you can. I am still painting flowers for you." I said, and then the preacher told us to kiss, and that was it. I was officially, Mrs. Gaskarth and I couldn't be happier.