Chapter 24 - "This is the start of something beautiful."

I Am Still Painting Flowers For You. (Alex Gaskarth)

Chapter 24 - "This is the start of something beautiful." 

*2 MONTHS LATER*

My head hung over the toilet bowl and I threw up basically everything inside of me. "Alice? Are you alright?" Alex asked, obviously he had just woken up now when I've been puking my guts up since eight this morning. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said sitting back against the bathroom wall. I looked up at him and smiled until my stomach started to tie in knots once again. Alex rushed to my side to hold my hair while his other hand ran up and down my back soothingly. After I was done, I got up and brushed my teeth. "Are you alright?" He asked. "Yeah, I'll be fine." I sat on the couch as Alex brought me over some tea. He sat down beside me and turned on the TV. Lots and lots of Christmas movies are playing. "It's almost Christmas baby Gaskarth!" Alex shouted happily. I giggled as he knelt down in front of my stomach and placed little kisses all over my barely noticeable belly. "He's growing." Alex said while keeping a hand on my stomach. "How do you know it's a he?" I asked. "I just have a feeling." He said smiling. "What if it's a girl?" I asked. "Then she'll be beautiful, just like mommy." Alex leaned up to kiss me. Just as we were about to kiss, the front door burst open. "HELLO SEXY PEOPLE!" Jack screamed. "Jack, shut the hell up it's still early!" Jenny screamed after him. Alex and I both laughed as they kicked off their snow covered boots and took off their jackets. "What's up little sis?" Jack said plopping down next to me. "Eh, Alex is talking to the baby." I said. Jack then knelt down the same way Alex did and started poking my stomach. "Stop Jack! That tickles." I giggled. "Hey, little guy. It's Uncle Jack! I'm gonna be the best and craziest uncle EVER. Don't you worry, I'll let you have fun, unlike mommy." I scowled as Jack winked at sat up. "Why do you think it's a boy?" Jenny asked Jack while she made herself a coffee. "Because it is, okay!?" Jack said throwing his hands up in the air. "Oh, shut up Jack. It's obviously gonna be a girl." Jenny stated while rolling her eyes. "100 bucks it's a boy!" Jack said. "No betting on my baby!" Alex said breaking the two apart. Jack and Jenny both started laughing and he leaned in to kiss her. "Ew, get a room." I said jokingly. "You're the pregnant one, not me!" Jenny said. I threw a pillow across the room, which she dodged. "Sucker! You never did have good aim, Alice." Jenny said coming to sit beside me. Home Alone appeared on the screen. "HOME ALONE! OH MY GOD!" Jack screamed while running over to sit on the floor in between Jenny's legs. Alex wrapped a protective arm around me and kissed me on the top of my head. "Hey, you guys get your new house tomorrow, don't you?" Jenny asked. "Yep." Me and Alex said at the same time. "Do you want us to come help move in?" Jack asked. "Sure." Alex said patting Jack's head. I giggled and curled up to Alex. 

The next day came around rather quickly and it was also Alex's birthday. We were all planning a surprise party at the new house for him, so we all made sure he didn't come to the house, he just stayed at the old apartment while we arranged everything in the new house. The house was huge, we had so little furniture for this house. I'm sure we'll get more when the baby comes along. "Go get ready, wifey!" Jenny said while slapping my butt lightly. "Alright, alright!" I said laughing while running up to me and Alex's new room. I changed into a short sea green dress with lace sleeves and black high heels. I curled my hair and put bobby pins to keep it away from my face. I wore purple lipstick and light eyeshadow. "He's outside!" I heard Rian scream. We all rushed down the stairs and waited at the door and turned off all the lights. "Zack, what the hell is going on? Where is everyone and why are the lights-" "SURPRISE!" We all said together. Alex screamed and then started laughing. "Thank you!" He said saying hi to everyone. When he reached me he gave me a big kiss. "Aw, family picture!" Jack said. Alex wrapped his arms around me from behind and we both smiled at the camera. "That one is going up in the house." Alex whispered in my ear. I nodded and swayed along with the Ed Sheeran song that was playing. "Happy birthday, Alexander." I whispered into his ear. He smiled and spun me around to face him. "I love you." He said. "I love you too." He leaned in to kiss me, but we both saw a flash of light and broke away. "Mom, really?" I groaned. "Shush, we need pictures of the happy couple for this house." She said and continued taking pictures. 

After everyone had left and we had cleaned up, me and Alex trudged our way up to our new bedroom. "I wanna get a job." I said. "You can't now, you have a baby on the way. Then after you have to stay and watch the baby until it's like, 2-" "Alex, I get it. I won't get a job yet." He smiled and hugged me tight. We both stood in front of a full length mirror in our bedroom. He slowly lifted up the baggy shirt I was wearing and placed his hand on my stomach. He smiled as an idea popped into his head, and pulled out his iPhone. He went onto Twitter and stood behind me with his hands still placed on my stomach. He snapped the picture and uploaded it. Seconds later, my phone beeped. I checked the tweet, and it was the picture of us and the caption was "So happy to say that my lovely wife is going to have  a baby in about 7 months!!!! #beyondexcited" I smiled and turned around to hug him. He hugged me back tightly and we didn't let go until his phone started beeping. He checked and Jack had tweeted him back saying "Stay the hell away from my baby sister ;)" we both laughed. "If it's a girl, what do you want to name her?" He asked me. "I was thinking Jasey Rae. Not because of the song, to be honest, just because I really like the name." I said smiling. "I like it too, obviously." I rolled my eyes. "What if it's a boy?" I asked him. "Jacob Austin." He said. "Well, you've thought about that." I said jokingly. "I have, actually." He said with a small laugh. "I like it though. Jacob Austin Gaskarth. It has a nice ring to it." I said. "I ALMOST FORGOT!" I said jumping out of bed. "What?!" Alex said. "Stay there, I'll be right back!" I said running down the stairs to the coat closet. I pulled out a little envelope and ran upstairs. Alex was where I left him, with a confused look upon his face. "Happy birthday, again." I said handing him the envelope. He took it and cautiously opened it. As soon as he pulled out the contents, he started to tear up. He pointed to the paper and whispered "That's my baby." Now the tears were freely running down his face. I smiled while tears ran down my face also. "That's our baby!" He said jumping up from the bed and picking me up. He spun me around and kissed all around my face. He set me down on the edge of the bed and tapped the picture of the ultra sound to the mirror. "I just let it sink in that I'm gonna be a dad." He said in one breath. I smiled and pulled his hand so he landed on top of me. "I love you." He whispered kissing my nose. He rolled off of me and pulled me close so I could feel his heartbeat. Slowly, I drifted off to sleep, but not before I said "I love you too." 

*So sorry this is short! Please forgive me, I'm sick and in school and I have writers block. :( I'll try to update as soon as I can! - RememberingCarla