Chapter 5 - Infinite

I Am Still Painting Flowers For You. (Alex Gaskarth)

Chapter 5 - Infinite

The next morning when I woke up, everything felt like a dream. Almost kissing Alex, the band practice, everything. I got out of bed and went downstairs. When I got there, I saw Alex and Jack sitting at the table eating breakfast. I completely forgot that Alex had slept over. I awkwardly walked over to the table. "Hey sis, how'd you sleep?" Jack asked me. "Good." I replied in barely a whisper. Of course the only seat left was beside Alex. I slowly sat down in the chair beside not making any eye contact. "Morning Alice." Alex said not looking at me. "Morning." I said quietly. "Want any breakfast?" Jack asked me. "No thanks. I don't do breakfast." I said. Jack gave me a suspicious look but then shrugged it off. "Where's mom and dad?" I asked him. "Out." he said. "So, we're alone?" I asked. "Yep." He said. "I'm going outside…" I said as I slowly got up and walked up the stairs to get my bathing suit. After I had my bathing suit on, I went back downstairs. When I got there, I saw Alex still sitting at the table. He was staring down at the table, but nothing was there. "Uh, Alex, are you okay?" I asked. His head shot up. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just zoned out for a little." He said shaking his head. "Okay, well I'll be outside if you need anything, okay?" I said to him. "Yep, thanks Alice." He said zoning out again. I didn't bother answering. I just walked out to the pool. I took a seat close to the pool and then put on some music from my phone. I heard the door to the backyard open but I didn't bother checking to see who it was. I looked up to see who it was. Alex. "Hi." I said to him. "Hey." he said back. He sat down beside me and stared into the clouds. "I had a girlfriend… I made a mistake. I left her." Alex said still looking at the clouds. I nodded my head, encouraging him to go on. "After I left her, I went back looking for her because I couldn't stop thinking of her. This was a few years later. When I got to her old house, I knocked on the door, but someone who wasn't her or her family answered. I asked where she was, and they said she moved away. After I found her, they told me had died. She commit suicide. I didn't know what to do." I looked over to see his facial expression. He was emotionless. "I still don't know what to do." he said in barley a whisper. "Today is the anniversary of her death. But, she's keeping an eye on me from the sky." It all started to make sense. Remembering Sunday. "What was her name, Alex?" I asked him slowly. "Sunday. Her name was Sunday." 

After Alex and I had our little talk, Jack came out and told us that he was going to the mall. He asked us if we wanted to come, of course we said yes. I went upstairs so change into a pair of white shorts and a floral strapless shirt from Hollister. I wore my purple Vans that matched the purple flowers on my shirt. On our way to the mall we all listened to Blink-182. When we got to the mall, we all separated and said we would meet up in the food court at 1. I did some shopping at Forever 21, American Eagle, Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, all those stores and then I walked over to a jewellery store. The thing that caught my eye was a ring. It had an infinite sign on it. I really wanted it, but someone you love is supposed to give it to you. So instead, I just stared at it. "Nice ring." I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around to see Alex standing there. "You really need to stop doing that Alex." I said sighing. "Sorry." He said smiling. He came over to look at the ring. "Infinite." he said. "Yeah.. It's nice, isn't it?" I asked him. "Yeah, it is…" He said looking at me. "Well, it's almost 1. We should head back now." I told him. "You go, I'll catch up with you guys later." Alex said. "Okay, see ya later Alex." I said while walking away. 

*Alex's POV* 

I was going to get that ring for Alice no matter what. By the time I actually got the ring, it was way past 1. Jack was gonna flip. I put the ring box in my Hot Topic bag and went to the food court. Standing at the entrance was Alice. "Where the hell have you been?" Alice asked me. "I lost track of time." I said. "Jack is waiting in the car. Let's go." she said while pulling at my hand. As soon as our hands touched, she pulled back. "I'm sorry." she said looking at me. "It's fine, really." I said to her. I looked at her bare ring finger. It won't be bare for long. When we got to the car Jack was sitting in there sleeping. "JACK!" Alice screamed. His head jerked up and he stumbled out a 'what'.  Me and Alice laughed and then we all drove back. 

*Alice's POV* 

"Movie marathon!" Jack screamed as he jumped on the couch in the basement. I laughed as I sat down beside Alex. "What movie?" Jack asked us. I looked at Alex to see what he had to say. "Shaun Of The Dead." he said. "YES!" me and Jack both screamed together as we all high fived each other. After another 3 movies, I began to fall asleep. My eyelids slowly started closing. I looked around to see Jack asleep, but Alex still awake. "You can sleep on my lap if you want." Alex whispered in my ear. "Thank you." I said to him as I lay my head in his lap and fell asleep.