Chapter 2 - I was like, "Baby, baby, baby oh..."

I Am Still Painting Flowers For You. (Alex Gaskarth)

Chapter 2 - I was like, "baby, baby, baby oh…"

*Alice's POV* 

While we were watching 21 Jump Street, I kept noticing how Alex kept looking over at me. I don't know what his problem was, but he was freaking me out. I didn't let it get to me, since I wanted to get on their good sides. After the movie was over, they all headed up to Jack's room. Jack told me to meet them back downstairs in the living room at 6 so we could leave for bowling. I went to my room and took a shower. After my shower, I changed into a pair of high waisted vintage jean shorts and a cropped floral tank top. I wore my red Vans because they matched my top with red roses on it. I let my hair dry itself. By the time my hair was dry, it had a little wave to it. It was almost 6, so I made my way downstairs. I waited until all the boys were downstairs and when they finally came, we all got into Alex's car and we were off to the bowling alley. 

We went to a bowling alley called "JuJu's". We went inside, checked in, got our bowling shoes and started the game. After our second game, we decided that to have some dinner. There was a small diner attached to the bowling alley so we sat down there. We started off with some milkshakes.  "So, Alice. Is Florida nice?" Rian asked me. "Yeah, I loved it there. I'm gonna miss all my friends." I said starting to get shy. I was sitting beside Jack and Rian. Across from me was Zack and Alex. "What school did you go to?" Zack asked. "West Valley High." I said looking down. "What kind of music do you listen to sis?" asked Jack. "Uh, I prefer bands. I like rock, punk, alternative. Occasionally pop." I said becoming a little insecure. "You don't seem like the girl to like that kind of music." Rian said in awe. "Can I marry her?" Rian asked, looking at Jack. "NO." Jack said, glaring at him. "So, what's some of your favourite songs to preform?" I asked the boys. "Dear Maria." Jack said. "Six Feet Under The Stars." said Rian. "Weightless." said Zack. "Remembering Sunday." said Alex. I loved Remembering Sunday. I know I said I didn't like the band, but I really like that song. "I love Remembering Sunday." I said smiling. Alex smiled at me, that cute smile he had. NO. You will not start liking your brother's best friend. After we had ordered and ate our meals, we went back to play one more round. As Jack was accusing Zack of cheating, me and Alex got to know each other. "So… What are your hobbies?" Alex asked me. "I like playing guitar, singing, and I love writing." I said smiling at him. "You sing and play guitar?" he asked me surprised. "You sound surprised." I said playfully. His face went red with embarrassment. "Oh, no Alex. It's fine." I said laughing a little. He let out a little sigh of relief and I giggled at him. His hand was so close to my hand. Unexpectedly, he reached out his hand and put it on top of mine. I let out a small gasp when I felt a spark course through my body. "What's coming on here?" Rian said with a smirk. Our hands shot away from each other as we both stuttered out a "nothing." "Mhm." Rian said, laughing as he walked away. I looked back to Alex, and I noticed he was just staring at the floor, very quietly. "I'm sorry." he said. "Why are you sorry?" I asked him. "I don't have the right to love anyone now." He said as he got up and walked away. "You guys ready to leave?" asked Alex. "Yep." All the boys said. We all got up and went into Alex's car. We dropped everyone off, and finally me and Jack were last because we lived the closest to Alex. "Thanks Alex, see ya tomorrow!" Jack said, hopping out of the car. "Bye, Alex." I said looking at him in the eye. "Bye, Alice." He said looking down and turning the radio up. I jumped out of the car and watched him drive off. That was the last we spoke all night.