Chapter 9 - Under A Paper Moon

I Am Still Painting Flowers For You. (Alex Gaskarth)

Chapter 9 - Under A Paper Moon

"How am I doing?" I asked Alex while I was attempting to surf. "You're getting there." Alex said, laughing. "Why are you laughing at me?!" I said getting nervous. "Don't be nervous! You'll get the hang of it sooner or later…" Alex said holding me up to keep me up on the board. Suddenly I couldn't stand on the board anymore and I came toppling down into the water. Alex laughed as I came out of the water. My long hair was stuck to my face and I probably looked like the grudge. Alex ran out of the water with his board, and I chased after him. The wind blew in my face and started drying my hair. He began backing up as I got closer to him. He laughed and when he least expected it I tackled him into the sand. He began screaming like a little girl as I pulled at his pink hair. "Agh! Agh!" He screamed. Jack came running out screaming at the top of his lungs with a baseball bat. He was waving it around frantically, trying to hit someone but all he was hitting was the air. "Uh, Alice? Alex? What are you guys doing?" Jack asked, questioning why I was sitting on top of his best friend. "Her surfing is just so amazing that I just had to start laughing!" He said just as I hit him. He screamed in pain and rubbed his arm. "Sheesh, Barakat. You hit hard." He said laughing. I smirked and hit him again. He started screaming. "Stop hitting me! You're going to bruise me damn it!" He said throwing me off him and scrambling away. Jack smiled and rolled his eyes, then made his way back into the house. "Ah! Stop beating me! Help! Someone help! Alice Barakat is beating me!" Alex screamed at the top of his lungs. I lunged forward and shoved sand in his mouth to shut him up. He made some weird gurgling noise and then spit the sand out. "Oh my gosh. You did not just shove SAND in my mouth." He said looking at me dead in the eye. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." I said glaring at him. His eyes narrowed, and I knew he was going to tackle me. I got up and ran away from him as fast as my legs could carry me. I ran into the house and into Jack's room. Jack was in there playing video games and then I jumped onto his bed and hid under the covers. "What the hell are you doing?" He asked me. "Shut up! Alex is looking for me! He's gonna kill me…" I said. "Why?" He said laughing. "I shoved sand in his mouth." I said evilly. "Nice one." Jack said laughing. "JAAAAAACK!" I heard Alex scream from down the hall. "In here!" Jack screamed. I hit Jack from under the blankets and then he smiled. I dug myself deeper into the sheets when I heard the door open. "Have you seen Alice anywhere?" Alex asked Jack. "Nope. Do you like her?" Jack asked out of nowhere. "What? No!" Alex said a little too quickly. "Please. You obviously love her." Jack said smirking. "No, I don't!" Alex said protesting. "I don't care if you like her, if you love her, just as long as you don't hurt her in any way." Jack said pausing his game to look at Alex. Alex sighed. He sat down on Jack's bed. "Okay, I think I might love her." I heard Alex say. My eyes widened. "Okay…" Jack said. "Do you think she loves me back?" Alex asked. "Yup." Jack said. "Now, let's go make some lunch before she tries to kill you again." Jack said standing up with Alex following closely behind him. I slowly came out from under the covers and let what I just heard sink in. Did I truly love Alex. Hell yeah, I did! I smiled and then ran into my room. I took a shower and changed into yellow shorts a green cropped shirt with yellow roses on it and brown Vans. I walked out of the room and saw Alex and Jack watching TV. Jack gave me this look and I took it as a sign to talk to Alex. "Alex, can I talk to you?" I asked him. "Sure. You're not gonna try and kill me though, right?" He asked me. I laughed. "No, just come out onto the deck. It's important." I said and made my way out to the deck. I heard Alex following behind me. When we were finally out on the deck, I turned to face Alex. "Alex, when you were in Jack's room and you said that stuff…" Alex's eyes widened and it almost looked like he just wanted to run away and sit in a corner for the rest of his life. "How do you know about what I said? Did Jack tell you?" He said freaking out. "No, I was under the covers hiding…" I said being honest. "What were you doing there?" Alex asked suspiciously. "I was hiding from you after I shoved sand in your mouth." I said tapping my foot lightly. "I still need to get back at you for that." Alex said smiling. I smiled back and finally, "Enough stalling, Alex." I said seriously. Alex looked at me, and finally I said it. "I heard what you said. And I love you too."