Part 53

“What kind of trap could kill a thousand giants?” baulked Disgast.

“I know what I am to do.”

“Why you?”

“Because if we discuss it openly then demons will know and warn the giant army.”

“But how are you to keep it secret?” asked Nimen.

“I shall be guarded by my Father’s kin. That is all I shall say for now.”

Mendro spoke from his seat at the other end of the room, “How long will this plan of yours take?”

“They will have more than enough time to become proficient giant killers.”

“What!” exclaimed Chelnuk as he stood up, “are you going to leave us here to kill giants without you?”

 “Hunt the giants within distance of the holy places, Thalen, Silva and the other angels will guard you and aid you in combat so that the giants would rather flee than fight. If you cannot get to a holy place then the burden of the Fallen and their demon cohorts may be overwhelming.”

Shaking his head Chelnuk spoke sullenly, “I thought you had promised my mother that you would look after me in combat?”

Kendra rested his hand upon Chelnuk’s shoulder. “You are yourself a great warrior Chelnuk, you will succeed even without my aid.”

Kendra is now available on the Kindle

USA http://tinyurl.com/c5acbbh

UK http://tinyurl.com/c834cat