Part 20

“You can trust these for they are the offspring of the 24,” explained Chralane, “good angels.” He looked towards Kendra, “This is Kendra and his son Chelnuk and Nimen, I am Chralane.”

“I am Disgast,” said the large man, “and this is Enoch.”

They all nodded at each other then Disgast spoke again. “I have gone up against a giant, he gave me this…” he lifted his leather jerkin to show a scar near his ribs.”

“So have I,” commented Kendra who also raised his robe to reveal his scar.

Disgast guffawed, the others looked at him and also started to laugh.

“Tell me Disgast,” questioned Baran’s champion, “would you fight giants with us?”

Rubbing his chin the red headed man thought for a bit, “What would our wage be?”

“Our,” queried Kendra, “you mean Enoch is coming as well?”

“He is the only one who has slain a giant between us. He is excellent with the sling and short sword.”

“Show us how good you are with the sling?” Nimen asked Enoch.

Slightly taken aback Enoch got up from his chair and went outside, “Come.”

The others followed him out.

He stood a stone on the edge of the well and chose another smaller one for his sling. Taking twenty paces back he began to twirl the sling.