Part 65

"You are like me, why fight?" thought Ragmath hoping to gain an ally and not a foe.

"I am from the Bosom, of the 24."

"Then you deserve to die," he did not swing his club but dropped it and leapt for Chelnuk's throat to strangle him.

Chelnuk stumbled backwards and began to bring up his sword. Ragmath pressed the attack on his opponent. Unable to back up fast enough Chelnuk tripped and fell. Landing on him the evil giant began to choke the life out of him. Chelnuk's hands were trapped because he was still grasping his sword. He felt the life ebbing from him, then the pressure lifted and he was able to catch his breath. For once he himself could see into the spiritual realm. Seeing Silva fighting against two other angels he also saw demons massing around them.

Nimen had returned to the hill but had then mounted Shebu and rode to help his friend. From the saddle he lined up on Ragmath's head and fired as he saw Chelnuk's face turning red through strangulation. One arrow from the angel bow was enough to kill the giant outright.

Once he was able to regain his composure Chelnuk was able to struggle free of the giant's body to see Nimen's work. The arrow had pierced Ragmath's eye and exited the back of his skull.