Imagine: Pre-Wedding Pep Talk (Personal for Zaria)

I hope you like it :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stare back at my reflection in the mirror in front of me; smoothing out the silky white material that hugs my body in all the wrong places. I know most girls are meant to feel beautiful on their wedding day but I feel nothing other than insecurity and disgust. In a few minutes, I’ll be walked down the aisle to meet my fiancé Michael at the altar and have everybody’s eyes on me. Most girls love the idea of this, I however, hate it. I have big thighs, not muscular or anything, just big fat thighs, and rolls of fat that I’d hoped would be held in by the dress, but obviously they haven’t.

“I’m so fat…” I mumble, forcing the tears welling up in my eyes not to spill as my aunt just spent the last two hours on my makeup.

I hear a knock on the door, and I quickly wipe my eyes before the door opens a little. I raise an eyebrow at the fact that no-one enters but my thoughts are immediately cleared up when I hear Michael’s voice.

"You almost ready to go babe?" he asks, and I can hear the grin in his voice.

“Y-Yeah...almost,” I reply, trying to hide the sadness in my voice. But of course, Michael catches it.

“Babe, what’s wrong?”

The door opens a little further but he doesn’t come in; still respecting the tradition of not seeing the bride before the wedding.

“N-Nothing…”

“Zaria,” Michael’s voice turns serious and his hand appears in the doorway. “Come here.”

A small giggle escapes my lips at the sight of just his arm, but the pessimistic thoughts soon return. It takes a few minutes but I eventually reach the door. I slide my hand into his and it immediately lifts some of the weight off of my shoulders.

“Tell me what’s wrong,” he insists, running his thumb over the back of my hand.

I take in a deep breath and swallow the giant lump in my throat. “I look fat.”

There’s an awkward silence for at least a minute before Michael takes his hand out of my grip. My heart shatters and tears threaten to spill down my cheeks, but they seize when I notice the door opening.

“Michael what are you do-”

He steps into the room and his bloodshot eyes instantly connect with mine.

“Michael are you cryi-”

“Never call yourself fat,” he demands. “Ever.”

“But it’s tru-”

“No it’s not.”

“But-”

“Stop it!” he snaps, and I take a step back in shock. “Sorry,” Michael sighs, running a hand through his hair which he’d recently dyed jet-black to match his tuxedo. “But you’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen in my life and it just hurts to know that you don’t see yourself that way.”

A tear runs down my cheek. “You think I’m beautiful?”

Michael’s face flushes a dark shade of pink. “Yeah,” he mumbles, a slight smirk on his face.

“How?” I wonder, and his smile falters a little. “I mean, my legs are larger than they should be, my stomach isn’t toned, I have rolls of fat and I have curves in all the wrong places.”

“Zaria stop it,” he persists. “You’re perfect. You’re perfect in every single way. Why can’t you accept that?”

I sigh and glance at the floor.

“Is this about what those girls used to tease you about in school?”

I nod, and he slips a finger under my chin, forcing me to look at him. “Zaria. Listen to me. You. Are. Perfect. Quit listening to people that don’t matter in life, because I matter and you are perfection to me.”

I fling my arms around his neck and pull his body against mine in a bone-crushing hug. “I love you,” I say into the crook of his neck.

“I love you too,” he grins, planting a kiss on my forehead. “Now let’s get married.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you like it?? :)

I hope so 

~Lauren