Imagine: Waiting for him at the airport (Michael)

Nine hours. Nine hours I’ve been sitting here in the airport, waiting for Michael to return home from his ten month-long tour. His flight was delayed a several hours ago and I didn’t want to go home just in case it was delayed by just an hour or so; but no. It’s been nine hours and he still hasn’t arrived. I look at the time on my watch and sigh; it’s almost one o’clock in the morning.

“I might as well go to sleep,” I mumble to myself, putting my bag down on the chair beside me and resting my head on it.

I stare out at the more-or-less empty airport and allow a stray tear to fall from my eye and run down my cheek. I don’t even bother wiping it as more tears soon follow. I’ve been looking forward to seeing forward Michael since he told me he was coming home three weeks ago, and to not have him show up has just ruined my whole day. I know it’s not his fault, but I can’t help feeling that it is.

When my tears have gradually come to a stop, I bring my knees up to my chest and close my eyes to sleep. Sleep doesn’t come as easily as I would’ve liked it, but it comes eventually.

A few hours later…

“Shh guys, you’ll wake her up,” a recognisable voice mutters, and the three other voices silence at his order.

“But don’t you want her to wake up, so the two of you can reunite or whatever?” a different voice asks.

“Yeah, but she looks so peaceful,” the first voice says, and I sense him crouching down in front of me from the sudden darkness over my face.

A thumb runs down the side of my face and I instantly know who it is from the way it stops just below my jawline and rests there for a while. It’s Michael. I let a small smile tug at my lips and I allow my eyes to flutter open. I’m instantly met with the blue-green eyes I’ve been longing to gaze into for months, and the grin that covers his face warms my heart immediately.

“Hey baby.” He beams, offering me his hand and helping me stand up from my sleeping position.

“I’ve missed you so much,” I confess, flinging my arms around his neck and pulling him close. “You have no idea.”

“I’ve missed you too, (Y/N),” he says, burying his head into the crook of my neck and planting a single kiss on the sensitive skin there. “I’m sorry I got back so late, there were a lot of technical difficulties with the plane and we had to stop off in Thailand and wait for it to be fixed. And then we didn’t get back on the plane ti-”

You cut him off with a kiss which he instantly reacts to; wrapping his hands around your waist and pulling you closer to him. His hands find the backs of your thighs and he lifts you up so you wrap your legs around his waist. You pull out of the kiss and rest your forehead on his.

“I’m just happy you’re back.”