Imagine: Coming home (Ashton)

Excitement built up in your stomach as you sat yourself in one of the cheaply cushioned, metal chairs of the airport. A few dedicated girls milled around you, scanning the crowds excitedly just as you were. You tried to keep a low profile, because you knew how some of them probably hated you, a lot. You didn't mind though, every single bitter word was always made up with just one look at Ashton, his smile, his laugh, his dimples. His big hands, that engulfed yours, his messy hair that always fell in his face and gave you an excuse to run your fingers through it just to pull it out of his impossibly bright eyes.

His eyes, oh, you probably missed those the most. They were green, the brightest, softest, purest green you've ever seen and they had you hypnotized every time he looked you straight in the eye. You couldn't wait to feel his eyes on you again, to feel that flutter in your chest every time those emerald orbs met your gaze. Although they made you incredibly happy inside, the cute selfies he sent you wouldn't cut to the real thing.

Suddenly, you heard many girls begin to squeal excitedly at once, and you stood up, scanning the room for a familiar face. First you spotted the walking highlighter, Michael, with his new, neon pink hair. Then Calum and Luke, poking and prodding at each other, trying to see who would get annoyed first. Then Ashton, with his head down and attention on his phone, which had been turned off during the flight. He was typing away on his keypad, and soon enough you received a text from him.

Just landed, where r u? :) :) :) It read. You shook your head in amusement, if only he'd look up, he could easily see you across the room.

I don't know, this large room and this random band just appeared and there's a really cute one right across from me tbh. (: (: You replied back. You saw him look back down at his phone, before looking right back up and scanning the room. As soon as his green eyes found you, your breath caught in your throat and the largest smile lit his face, making his dimples pop. He bounced up and down excitedly on his toes as he took a few pictures with the girls, before dropping his stuff down, and running full force towards you.

He laughed, a sound that was filled with relief and disbelief that you were finally in his arms again. He picked you up slightly and wrapped his arms around your upper thighs so you were at his height. You cupped his cheeks, running your thumbs along his jawbone before pressing a well needed kiss to his awaiting lips. They felt softer than you remembered, and they fit against yours more perfectly than you remembered. When you pulled away and he set you down, you saw his green eyes were glassy, like an emerald underwater, before he tangled his long fingers into your hair and kissed you again.

"I missed you. So," His lips kissed your nose. "So," another kiss. "So," Another. "So much. God, you have no idea. Next time, you're coming with me. No questions asked."

"Deal," You laughed quietly, tucking yourself into his chest. His arms surrounded you, and you finally felt like you were home again. He was home again.

Credits to whoever x