Imagine: Cuddling (Calum)

You're woken by the insistent beeping of your alarm clock, and react to it quickly, turning it off in the hopes that it won't wake Calum who is sleeping beside you. He came home yesterday from tour, and the journey really tired him out. You slowly push back the covers and shuffle into a sitting position, but just as you're about to swing your legs out of the bed, Calum rolls over, throwing his arm across your stomach.

"Stay," he mumbles sleepily.

"I can't Cal, I have to go to work," you say quietly, though the thought of staying home with him is very tempting, and sounds much more appealing than work.

"Call in sick," he urges, opening his eyes just enough to give you a pleading look. Your resolve is almost immediately broken by his puppy dog eyes, but you know you can't really afford to take a day off work.

"I can't Calum!" you say, laughing to yourself as you try, but fail, to push him off of you so that you can get out of bed.

"Please? I want to cuddle!" he asks, with one of his famous pouts. You shake your head.

"As much as I'd love to, I can't Cal," you say sadly. "We can cuddle as soon as I get home," you promise, still trying to escape his grasp so that you won't be late for work.

"Please Y/N," he pleads. "I only came home yesterday, I want to catch up with you!" The thought of spending the day with Calum, after such a long time apart, feels like a dream for you. You weigh up your options, and eventually, after much deliberation, decide that missing work for one day can't do too much harm.

"Fine," you sigh, smiling down at Calum, who is still half asleep. A smile creeps across his face, and he pulls you closer to him.

"Get off me for a minute then so I can let my boss know," you laugh.

After a phone call to your boss, complete with a cough here and there in an attempt to sound like you're actually ill, you turn your phone onto silent, leaving it on the bedside cabinet, and snuggle into Calum's side, pulling the duvet tightly around you to keep warm.

"I've missed this," Calum sighs, looking into your eyes. His face is so close to your own that you can feel his breath gently hitting your skin, and the two of you lay there in silence for a few moments, just enjoying each other's presence. A smile forms on your face at finally being able to spend time with him again, rather than just a quick skype call when you both have free time.

"I missed having you here," you tell him, laying your head on his chest and taking in his familiar scent.

"I missed being here," he says softly, rubbing circles on the bare skin of your arm.

"I love you Cal," you whisper after a few moments, feeling entirely content for the first time since he left for tour.

"I love you too," he mutters sleepily, pressing a soft kiss to your temple. The two of you soon grow tired, and you fall back to sleep, safe in Calum's arms.

Credits to owner x