Chapter 46 - Make Amends

"Cameron, wake up." I heard Caz's voice whisper as she tried to shake me awake.

My eyes opened slowly and saw Lily's face close to mine. It took me a couple of seconds to get my thoughts together as I turned to see Caz looking at me with a hopeful smile. 

"What do you want?" I asked before looking at the clock on the bedside table. "Its two in the morning!" I whisper yelled as not to wake up Lily. 

"I know, I know but you have to get up and put some warm clothes on." Caz said before turning the lamp on engulfing the room in light. My eyes hurt from the sudden exposure to the light. Once my eyes adjusted I watched as Caz sifted through my suitcase hurriedly pulling out a hoodie and track pants. 

"Caz." I whispered.

"Here put these on." She said as she threw my clothes at me before hurriedly moving to do something else. 

"What's going on?" I asked ignoring the clothes completely.

"Remember on my wedding day we went to the Riversdale look out and you helped me to regain my composure, that's what we're going to do." I looked at Caz with a frown and went to lie down again.

"Caz the weddings off, I told you last night to cancel it." 

"DON'T LIE DOWN!" Caz yelled. 

"Shhhhh! Jesus Caz!" I said angrily as I watched as Lily moved slightly.

"I know and I did, I just think its a good idea for you and I to do this together." I watched as Caz got on her knees and began to put my feet into the pants she had gathered. I managed to push her away and decided that I should just go along with it, she obviously needed the distraction of a little trip down memory lane. She looked as wound up as a bobbin. 

After getting dressed hurriedly and with Caz helping me to put my shoes on we had made our way to a quad bike. 

Caz ran inside to get our jackets and before long we had made our way to the top of the look out. 

The early morning produced a skin tingling chill as it whipped past us. 

This really was a dumb idea cause I was FREEZING!

As we were coming over the horizon I noticed Jack's car was parked. My chest constricted and I felt the sting of tears coming and it wasn't because of the cold air.

We got closer and I saw Jack and Walter leaning on the bonnet of Jacks car. I began to get butterflies in my tummy. 

Is this where Jack was the whole time? Did he want to be here or was he forced to be here? Walter maybe his little brother but he was strong enough to take Jack on to make him come here. 

We came to a halt right in front of Jack's car. They both stood up straight at our arrival. Jack and I made eye contact and my heart began to beat faster. 

"Fancy meeting you guys here." Caz said with obvious sarcasm lacing her words. 

"Its crazy, right! Almost like it was planned. Almost." Walter stated sarcastically before making his way over to me and presenting me with his hand. I took his hand with a scowl as he helped me to get off of the back of the bike. 

I looked at Jack and I could tell he knew about this. He tried to manage an encouraging smile but he looked awkward and embarrassed more than anything. 

"Hey Walter, I don't know about you but I am exhausted from communicating with you all night trying to save these two from their stubborn selves." Caz said while wearing a silly smirk.

"Same here, Caz! I am absolutely knackered from trying to find Jack and then finally getting him to see how much of an idiot he was being. But since they're both here maybe they can figure their shit out for themselves so you and I can go and get some well deserved Z's before the wedding tomorrow. What do you say Caz, how about a ride back to town?" Walter asked before hoping on to the quad bike.