Changed Man

Khali POV

"KHALI CHILL!" Asia laughed as I tickled her, holding my head back. Fuck putting her hands out and stuff, she throw her fists when she's being tickled. Aggressive ass.

"Leave her alone daddy! Or else!" Khalid giggled as he came running down the stairs.

He started trying to tickle me, but I picked him up and put him on the floor to tickle him. His goofy ass laugh caused Asia and I to both laugh. I tickled him for a few more seconds until Katelynn started fussing.

Asia was about to get up, but I pulled her back by one of the belt loops on her pants. She tried to hit me but I moved out the way quick as fuck. Them hands she got ain't no damn joke.

"I'ma get you!"

"Mhm, I bet you are."

I got Katelynn out of her bouncer then lightly tickled under her arm. She started laughing and drooling all over herself. "My baby felt left out, huh?" I kissed on her cheeks and played with her for a while.

"WHERE ARE MY GRANDKIDS!" I heard my mother's big ass mouth before I looked up and seen her coming from the back door. I was about to question how she got in but I remember giving her keys to my place. Coulda sworn they were for emergencies only.

"Grandma!" Khalid happily hopped up and ran into her arms.

My ma still hasn't really spoken to me much after that one day in her backyard. It's almost as if she doesn't give a fuck about me and she only cares about her grandchildren now. Fine by me, they are the ones that matter the most anyway.

I gave Katelynn to Asia then I went outside to start the grill up. I dashed lighter fluid on the coals then dropped a match in it.

"Whoa look Tink, daddy's trying to set the house on fire... And his hair." Asia said as she came outside laughing.

Katelynn started whining, causing the smile to leave her face.

"I was only kidding mommy's baby." She laid Katelynn against her then she got quiet.

I worked on the fire more, with Asia just staring at me.

"What?" I asked as I tossed another match into it.

"Your mom Khali. Talk to her."

"Mmm." I tapped my chin as if I really had to think about it. "Nah."

"Why not though?! That's your moth- AHHHH!" She hopped her ass back when I slung more lighter fluid into the grill. I bit my bottom lip to reframe from laughing in her face.

"Better check to see if ya eyebrows still there, Grinch."

I bit my lip even harder when I heard Leek's voice. Him, Nova, and that nigga Tommy came through the gate in the yard.

Asia mugged the shit out of him but then smirked. "Okay I got your number bruh."

Leek pulled out his phone and pointed at it. "Well call it then shawty."

They then went back and forth snapping at each other. Crazy asses. The only normal one in the group is... nah we all a little off. I think everyone is.

Regardless, this is part of what life's all about. Chillin' with the ones you love and being here for the ones you love. Things may not be exactly how I want them to be, but they're good enough at this point.

Nova POV

Tears made their way down my face as I sat on the floor and stared at my phone screen. Leek, Tommy, and I are over to Khali and Asia's house. We were laughing and joking and stuff, but when my phone started flashing nonstop, I had to excuse myself from the group.