Knew It

Nova POV

On a Friday evening while most of our classmates are probably at the party that everyone's been talking about, I'm sitting at my desk face timing with Asia on my laptop. We've been sitting here helping each other with all the homework that's been piled on us. We have good grades and we want them to stay that way so we can graduate.

I finished explaining the last few math problems to Asia when my phone started blinking.

"If you on here with me, who could this be?" I asked out loud as I picked my phone up.

DatDudeLeek: Hey Nova Ali.

I frowned up, causing Asia to raise her eyebrows at me.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Girl look."

I turned my phone to the screen so she could see it. She busted out laughing, but I kept a straight face. He must've seen one of the many videos of the fight I was in. I got five days of in school suspension for that shit since they the ones that started it. Even though they jumped me, they only got ten days of out of school suspension for the fight. I thought that'd be grounds to get expelled. I'm sick of dealing with Shai's bitch ass. She'll fight in a group but she didn't want to go one on one with a bitch. Oh, okay.

"That's not funny! My-"

I was about to slip and tell her about how mad my dad got about it. I interrupted his money that he gives to that bitch he with, of course he got mad.

"What?"

"My knuckles still hurt from putting a dent in that bitch skull."

She started laughing even more then.

I turned my phone back towards me to text him back.

Me: thatt ain my last name fooo!

DatDudeLeek: I know lil ma. It gon be McCoy. Nova McCoy.

I couldn't help but smile at that.

"A nigga got my bew blushin'. Aww hell, you must really like him don't you?"

"You worrying about the wrong thing shorty." I said laughing. "What you need to be worrying about is this homework youngin'."

"You shorter than I am!" She said laughing again. "It's alright though, you don't have to confess. It's all on yo face!"

I picked my pencil up and finished the last few problems on the paper.

"Whatever Asia."

"Look at you pretending like you don't want to text him back right away. I'ma go start dinner so you can text ya man."

"Mhm. Alright Bae. Love you!"

"Love you too."

I made kissie faces at her until the screen went blank. When it did I closed my laptop shut my laptop down then picked up my phone to text him again.

Me: Mhm, if you say so hun

DatDudeLeek: i kno so :P so what's the chance of you letting me pick u up so we can go on a date?

I actually wouldn't mind that. It's not like my dad will be back any time soon. His bitch got emitted into the hospital and will be there until she gives birth to whoever's baby she's carrying. Of course he isn't going to leave her in the hospital all alone. A gullible, abusive jackass is what he is!

Me: I guess.

I texted him a street to meet me on. It's just a few blocks from where I stay.

DatDudeLeek: u must think imma stalk you or somethin