Wish granted?

Leek POV

As I pulled up in Khali's driveway, I checked my phone for the millionth time. As expected Nova still ain't text me back. Every since I confirmed the shit I do, she been acting some type of way. I'm hoping Khali can maybe give me some insight or some shit. We probably got some business shit to go over anyway.

I killed my engine then grabbed my phone and got out my car. I walked up on Khali's porch and pressed the doorbell a few times.

The door swung open and Khali pulled me in by the collar of my shirt.

"Nigga why the FUCK do you insist on ringing the muthafuckin doorbell so fucking much?! I'ma fuck around and bust a cap in yo ass one of these days."

He shut the door then went over to his couch and flopped down. He picked up his cup and chugged whatever it was that he was drinking.

I laughed it off and then smoothed my shirt down as I sat across from him in a chair. I got love for my homie and all but I swear this nigga never be on chill. He always gotta be angry and aggressive bout shit.

"Where Khalid at?"

"Upstairs playing his game." He said as he picked up the remote to change the tv.

"Oh."

We sat there a few minutes just watching tv until I decided to speak.

"So..."

He looked at me. "So, what?"

"I need some advice."

"On Nova, huh?"

Damn he good. Maybe he a mind reader or some shit.

"How-"

"Aye man I don't mean to cut you off, but why hadn't you already been talking to her? I mean after all y'all is in the same grade."

That's a good ass question. I've never really noticed her before though. I guess it's because of the chilled personality she has. Unlike most of the bitches at that school, you'll never see her all up on a nigga tryna run game on him. She mad beautiful though. In a school full of ugly bitches I should have been able to spot a pretty face.

"We ain't got no classes together. And plus you know she a light skin girl. You know how they is."

He looked at me a few seconds before he just shook his head.

"I really don't think I need to tell you what's wrong with what you just said. How the fuck a light skin person gon stereotype another light skin person?"

"Man I don't know. But shit, I could ask you the same thing about umm. What's her name? Aaliyah?"

He started laughing at me.

"Nigga you awful with names. Asia man. I have noticed her before, but shit, we just never talked. We talk from time to time now, but I ain't sprung like yo ass is. Look do you want my honest opinion?"

"That's why I came over here. She ain't been the same since she figured out what I do."

"Alright well it's simple. Clearly she ain't into you because of ya money because if she was she'd be all over you right now. Give her time and space. If you really want to pull a female like that you gon have to prove that you want more than just what's below her waist. In the meantime we can focus on making moves."

Khali may be mean as fuck, but he does give out good, valid advice. I just have to let Nova do what she gotta do. I'm positive that she'll come around soon enough. I'm a good catch, who wouldn't want me?

Nova POV

It's been two weeks since I really just talked to Leek. Part of the reason why is because I don't really know what to say to him. Another reason why is because my dad has been extra strict on me since that white looking baby and that bitch came home. He has NO trust in me. My younger brother has more privacy and freedom than I have. I'm sick of it really.

As I sat at my desk listening to music and editing my book report, my door opened. I didn't look away from my laptop but I noticed it out the corner of my eye.

When the aroma of beer and cigarette smoke got came in contact with my nose, I knew it had to be my dad in my room. He yanked my headphones out of my ears then leaned close to me putting both of his hands beside mine on my desk.

"What are you doing Luci?"

I raised an eyebrow at that. He's never called me that before, but he always called my mom that.

"School work."

He got even closer to me and grabbed my chin trying to kiss me. My eyes widened as I slipped away from him and stood up.

I put my hand on my face trying to calm down. My heart beat too fast.

"Wh- what the.. Dad you cannot do that to me! I'm your daughter."

"I know that Luciette. I use to kiss you on the mouth all the time when you were young."

Be that as it may, that was then and this is now! I wouldn't want his disgusting lips on me anyway. That's just nasty!

"Okay but you can't do that dad." I said as I slowly backed up towards the door. I don't like where this is going.

His calm mood turned into am aggressive one in the matter of seconds. I was about to leave out of the room but he quickly grabbed me and slammed the door. My nerves got the best of me for a moment so I just froze.

"YOU ARE MY PROPERTY YOU STUPID BITCH I FUCKING OWN YOU!" He said as he punched my face and pushed me on my bed. "I RUN SHIT AROUND HERE! YOU A LITTLE STUPID UGLY BROKE BITCH THAT WILL OBEY HER MASTER!" He then slapped me with the back of his hand, causing extra pain to my face.

"I CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT TO DO TO YOU!"

His fist swung at my face a few more times then he ripped my top open. I tried moving and covering myself up.

"NO! DADDY PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO ME!"

I tried fighting him off and it must have made him angry. He pulled off his belt and started whipping me all over my body. I tried to scream and cry out for help, but he mushed my head under all of my pillows and continued to pop my bare flesh. The louder I cried the harder the belt lashed against my skin.

My lack of oxygen and my pain causes me to feel less and less conscious.

He then pulled me off the bed and onto the floor.

"THE NEXT TIME YOU DISRESPECT ME I WILL KILL YOU." He leaned down and looked me in my eyes. "YOU PATHETIC LITTLE BITCH! I SHOULD MURDER YOU RIGHT NOW! IT'S NOT LIKE YOU'LL EVER BE SHIT ANYWAY. ALL YOU WILL EVER BE GOOD FOR IS LAYING ON YOUR FUCKING BACK SLUT!"

He slammed my face into my carpet then started kicking me in my stomach.

The only thing that stopped him was a voice at the door.

"That ugly bitch ain't worth all you worked so hard for. Let's go spend time with our child."

He kicked me one last good time then he left out my room.

I put one of my hands over my mouth and let the other one lay on the floor as I let out silent cries.

Will I finally get my wish granted and be able to see my mother again?