I got you

Nova POV

After Leek left I spent the afternoon just movies on tv and finishing two projects that weren't due for another week. I used to be so bad about waiting until the last minute to get my work done, so I'm proud of myself for going ahead and getting it done. Maybe it's a good thing Leek did leave. He distracts me a lot, but I don't mind at all.

When I was done with my work I put it in my book bag then I turned on some music to do my little workout. I don't do much, just those squats Asia has me doing and a couple if sets of crunches.

I took a shower after I got done with that. Twenty minutes later I hopped out the shower and dried off. I put on my pink cheetah print pajama pants and a black v neck shirt. I braided my hair then pinned it up to get it out my face and off my neck.

I was about to get in my bed, but I heard a noise I haven't heard in a while. Rain tapping against a window. I grabbed my phone off the end table then I opened my window and sat at my desk. Sometimes I like to watch the rain. Sometimes I can't stand it.

While I was sitting there my phone kept lighting up. I picked it up and looked at the messages from my dad. I tried to focus on the new message he sent me but I couldn't help but reread the previous two as well.

Papa: YOU LITTLE STUPID ASS HOODRAT ASS BITCH WHY DID THE SCHOOL CALL ME LIKE I GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU GETTING YOUR ASS BEAT

Papa: THOSE GIRLS SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU! I WOULD HAVE GLADLY WATCHED THEY SHOULD HAVE BASHED YOUR FUCKING SKULL IN TO END YOUR MEANINGLESS LIFE I WOULD HAVE HELPED

Papa: I HATE YOU AND JR BOTH IF I EVER SEE YOU TWO AGAIN BOTH OF YOU WILL END UP MISSING IM GONNA KILL YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS

Fear started taking over my heart, making it beat abnormally. I started chewing my lip and fidgeting with my hands.

He didn't stop with just those messages, he started sending multiple ones back to back.

Papa: QUIT IGNORING ME YOU STUPID SLUT

Papa: YOU CANT IGNORE ME FOREVER I HAVE WAYS OF FINDING YOU

Papa: ALL OF THIS IS YOUR FUCKING FAULT YOURS AND ROCHELLE SHE LEFT ME AND ITS ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT THAT UGLY ASS BABY WASNT MINE AND I WISH YOU AND JR WASNT I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU DIE STUPID BITCH

Papa: YOU STUPID SLUT ALL YOULL EVER BE GOOD FOR IS GETTING ON YOUR KNEES AND LAYING ON YOUR BACK

Papa: WHEN I FIND YOU IM GOING TO STICK A KNIFE THROUGH THAT UGLY ASS SCAR AND IM GONNA FINISH SPLITTING YOUR LEG OPEN

As if those horrifying threats weren't enough, he proceeded to send me foul, brutal pictures that no one has any business looking at. I caught a glance of one of them then ended up chunking my phone at the wall as hard as I could.

"Oh God. Oh Lord." I clamped my eyes shut and started saying a silent prayer. Sobs escaped my mouth as all of my terrible, abusive flashbacks started coming back into my mind.

Nah. No... No... This can't be the same man who held me in his arms and whispered sweet things to me. This can't be the same man who would look me in my eyes and tell me encouraging, motivational things. The man who gave his own blood to his own blood when I needed it. The man who would go above and beyond just to get a simple smile out of me. No... It's not the same man.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS SHIT!

I ran into the bathroom that's connected to my room... just so I could cry. I knew everything was too good to be true. I couldn't even have a whole week of peace.

I was on the bathroom floor crying my eyes out, when I heard a knock on the door.

"Go awaaaay!" I whined.

"Open the door Nova."

I used my shirt to wipe my tears off my face. At times I don't understand my own thoughts. The man has hurt me to my very core and has beat me unconscious before, but I still don't want him dead. I don't want Malik to put himself at risk of getting in trouble for doing anything to him either.

"No habla inglés."

"Abrir.... el pinto.... pointo... man it's some shit like that."

I'm surprised he even knew that first word.

"Je ne parle pas Anglais."

"What?" He asked. "How many languages do you know?"

"I only know..."

"AHA! So yo muthafuckin ass can speak English. Open the damn door Nova."

I rolled my eyes then got off the floor and went over to the door. I put my hands on the knob then leaned against the door.

"I don't want to come out Leek."

"Alright well I'm just gonna pick up your phone a-"

"NO!"

I opened the door then grabbed his arm as he was about to pick up my phone. The phone itself looked okay but the case was all cracked up.

"Why you been cryin?"

"What makes you think that?" I asked clearing my throat.

"I heard you. I was coming in here to let you know that I was back. Who made my baby cry?" He asked as he turned to me to wrap his arms around me.

I can't even front like I don't feel safe and secure in his arms right now. I laid my head against his chest.

"I'm seventeen, I'm no one's baby."

"Mhm. Alright then bae. Now for some answers."

He would wreak the moment.

I wiggled out his arms then grabbed my phone off the floor. I knew it was too good to be true. I turned my phone over to see a big crack across the screen.

I went over to my bed and got in it. Of course Leek got in bed with me. He put his arms around my waist, holding me from behind.

"I'm not answering your questions because I have no answers for them." I mumbled as I laid my phone next to me on the bed.

"Fine. Don't tell me. I'm still gone stay with you in bed because clearly you don't need to be alone."

He's right about that. Just being around Leek has calmed me down. I feel like he understands me way more than I realize.

We laid in bed for at least an hour in complete silence, until he spoke again. I thought he was sleep but I guess not.

"Hey Nova?"

"Yeah?"

"I know we not together, but you don't realize how much of an impact you've had on my life. I know I'm joking and silly most of the time, but sometimes you gotta laugh to keep ya mind off other shit. My point is that I want you here with me."

I turned to face him. The dim light in the room let me see his face. His eyes were closed but he opened them when he felt me move.

"I am here with you Malik."

"Not just for tonight though. Or not just for a few months. I'm talking the rest of your life. I wanna be always here by your side. I wanna do like Kanye say and put an angel in your ultrasound some day. I get it. I get that you've been hurt in the past but I wasn't the dumb ass that did it. It ain't easy to trust but just start out with putting a little trust in me. Overtime that trust will grow and our relationship will grow."

I smiled and put my hand over my mouth. I didn't expect him to say any of those sweet words to me. I still don't understand what makes me so special in his eyes and why he chose me.

"I don't know what to say Malik."

I didn't even mean to be a big ass crybaby and start crying again, but tears left my eyes. I've gone through too many emotions and feelings in one night.

His hand gently laid against my neck and the side of my face as he gently caressed my cheek with his thumb.

"Just let me know you gone let me hold you down lil mama."

"Okay Malik." I lightly smiled, putting my hand on his face. "I will."

We both leaned in to share a long, passionate kiss.