41. Its just comfy

I yawn and stretch in my bed. Hazel is nowhere to be seen.

I fix my hair and change into a pair of jeans, a blue t-shirt, and my trademark beanie. I step out the door and George is coming up the stairs. He grins when he sees me.

"I was just coming up to wake you."

"Well, I'm up now."

"Look at you, in that beanie. I can't remember the last time I saw you without it!"

I smile back. "It's comfy, and reminds me of home."

"Home?"

"Before Dumbledore found me, I was living with another guy, my dad. I ran away, and Dumbledore has just confirmed he was a squib. He's a bit of a traveller, so he could be anywhere now. I have no regrets, though."

"So that's why you needed a place to stay."

"Yeah..." I trail off as George looks into my eyes.

He leans forward, his eyes beginning to close...

...And grabs my beanie, running off with it.

He cackles evilly as I let out a yelp and run down the stairs after him. He stops at the bottom and holds it in the air. I jump to try and reach but he holds it higher.

"George Weasley, give me my beanie!"

Laughing, he hands it to me.

"Next time, I'd like a please."

"Next time?"

He grins and takes a piece of toast, then holds the plate out. I place the beanie back on my head and take a piece as well, scowling at him.

"You look like Snape when you do that." He laughs.

"That's so mean!" I say, laughing along.

"Be quiet, I'm trying to work!" Says a loud voice.

"Yeah, whatever you say, Percy!" George calls out.

He turns back to me.

"Percy has a job at the ministry. Sounds really boring to me, but I'm George." He says. "Even if I'm the more sensible puppy."

"A quick question." I say. George nods and I continue. "How do you cope with living here? Your room is so high up..."

"You might have guessed by now, my bed is the furthest thing from the window. I try to avoid looking down."

"It makes sense."

"Speaking of making sense, how can a beanie be comfy?"

"I have no idea. It just is."

He laughs. "That's the worst excuse I've ever heard."

"It's the truth. Where is everybody?"

"Percy's in his room, mum's outside, and everybody except dad is in our room. They're all just hanging."

"I wonder what they're talking about."

"Fred's probably complaining. Apparently Angelina broke up with him because of the Emma-Leigh thing."

"Wow. I knew that was a problem, but I didn't think it would ruin everything for them."

"Well, I saw it coming. I told him he should have at least ended it before he went after her."

I raise my eyebrows.

"So he likes her?"

"A lot." He says, scratching his neck. "Just don't tell anyone I told you. You heard nothing from me."

"George, if someone had to do the fidelius charm and made me the secret keeper, I would take the location to my grave. I'm good at keeping secrets."

"So nobody would be able to tickle it out of you?"

I try to keep a straight face. "I'm not ticklish."

He grins at me and I can't help but grin back.

"I can see the fear in your eyes." He says jokingly. "You are, aren't you?"

"No!" I shriek and run outside. George runs out after me and chases me around the front yard. He's too fast but I manage to run until he trips over. I stop running and walk back to him. Mrs Weasley smiles fondly at us.

What is it with these Weasleys?

"Hey, George. Are you okay?"

I hold out a hand and he takes it. I'm about to pull him up when he pulls hard and I fall to the ground beside him.

Well, two can play at this game.

"Ow." I grumble.

"Sorry." Says George. I smile softly and try to get up, faking pain, when he grabs into my arm. "Yeah, right. I know a fake when I see one."

"Let go of me!" I yank my arm away and run inside, laughing. I run up the stairs and open what I believe to be the twin's door.

"Please, Isabelle, I'm trying to work!" Says Percy.

"Sorry, wrong door." I shut it and run up to the twin's door. I pull it open and collapse on George's bed, laughing. Everybody looks at me and then George sits down next to me, also exploding with laughter.

"So did you two make out or something?" Asks Fred.

"No, how could you say that?! We're not even dating!" I exclaim.

"Well, we have evidence. Your clothes are muddy, and your hair is messed up." Fred winks and I turn red, then try to fix my hair.

"He wanted to tickle me." I say. "I'm ticklish."

"I knew it!" Says George.

"Well, it's not like I was going to tell you." I laugh. "So what's going on in here?"

"Truth or dare. Hazel taught us how to play."

"Oh, yay! Can we join in?"

"Uh, what's truth or dare?" Asks George.

We explain it to him and he seems all for it, so we sit down next to each other in the circle.

_____________________

Well, Jily_Forever2190 will be happy with this chapter.

The next chapter is truth or dare!

Yay!

QOTC: do you normally pick truth? Or do you pick dare?

Please vote!

~Ericano