53. Half a christmas

I trudge down to Hogsmeade with my little group. Well, not Fred and Em. They're off being a happy couple or whatever.

Today's the meeting to announce the D.A. so, we're all going over there. I'm going to tell off anyone who says a word against Harry. What he said about Cedric was all true.

Apart from his murderer, we all know that was a lie.

George keeps asking me about my double spy stuff, and I have to put my hand over his mouth a few times.

"Not here, George."

"Why not?" He mumbles through my hand. It's muffled, but I can hear clearly.

"Well, for one, we're currently walking in a large group with a lot of people, including a few Slytherins I'd rather never see again." I take my hand off. "Get what I'm saying?"

"Yeah."

"Good. Oh look, we're here."

We step inside and wait for the trio to take their time. Eventually they step inside.

"About time, Harry." I say.

He sits down, and Hermione does that awkward little speech. When people start hating on Harry, I stand up.

"Hermione, can I please say something?"

"Sure, Belle."

I turn to everyone. "You think he was lying about Cedric? You think he was just joking about the death of a lively seventeen year old? I had the unpleasant experience of witnessing it in a vision. I'm a seer, and I saw it. I saw it and I wasn't allowed to stop it. Harry Potter is not lying. Lord Voldemort is back, and Umbridge refuses to teach us how to defend ourselves." Everybody shivers at Voldemort's name and I smirk. "Harry, would you like to say something?"

I sit back down with a smile and he stands up and says his bit, then sits down after everybody starts talking about his accomplishments.

Then Hermione brings out the parchment and we write our names on it.

Random fact: Luna wrote her name upside-down.

Naturally.

After the meeting I head down to The Magic Of Books with George and we work there until more people come to take our jobs. The whole time, George is trying to make me laugh, and succeeding at it.

He can be hilarious sometimes. I laugh so hard a few times that the owner threatens to send us away. George becomes a bit quiet after that, but at least tries to make me smile.

Well, at least this one won't die.

That night I'm woken up by somebody coming through the portrait hole. I cast a disillusionment spell on myself and tiptoe down the stairs. Mr Weasley just got attacked.

Oh goody! (Note the sarcasm)

I head back to the girls dorms, and open the door to the fourth years dorm, where Ginny is sleeping. I take off the charm, then wake her up.

"In a few minutes somebody'll come for you. Don't freak out, he's safe."

"Who? What?"

"I'm a seer, and I know what's up. I'll stay with you, but I might not be there when you're summoned to Dumbledore's office. Just keep calm, he's alright."

"Who?"

"You'll find out, Gin."

I stay with her until she's called to go to Dumbledore's office. I walk with her to the common room, and the twins are in there, waiting. They look really confused and worried.