67. Hermione's misery

I wake up, spluttering. Hermione stands over me.

"D.A.D.A today. You don't want to miss it, do you?"

"Wow. A bit of deja vu there."

"What?"

"Hazel did the exact same thing to wake me up when we were at the burrow." I eye her wand, which is still dripping.

"Just get ready."

"Someone's grumpy. That's not supposed to happen yet. What's up?"

"I'm suddenly so moody. I actually wanted to cry when I woke up, I have no idea why."

I nod in understanding. "Just wait for the cramps."

"What?"

"Welcome to womanhood, sister."

"You don't mean..."

"It generally happens before you're sixteen. Lets hope you don't get cramps as well. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones who only gets moody."

"How do you know when it'll happen?"

"I've been dealing with it for a while. These things happen about a week before. I can recognise the signs. Try not to let Harry know, by the way. Between classes you can vent to me."

"Thanks. Now get up!"

"But I want to go back to sleep."

"No."

"Fine. I'll be down in five."

"You'd better be, or I'll drag you out even if you're not wearing anything."

"You wouldn't."

She smirks. "Try me." She walks out the door, and I hurry to get my uniform on before she comes back up. Unfortunately, she drags me out before I can do my tie up properly or dry my hair. She magics my books into my hands, and walks off to D.A.D.A.

Luckily she's saved me a piece of toast from breakfast. I think I slept through it.

Oh well.

I run the rest of the way, trying to eat at the same time. I get there at the same time as Severus.

"Why is your hair wet? What happened?"

"Hermione happened."

"Fix it now."

I wave my wand, and fake smile as my hair dries itself. Severus sighs and lets me in first, then stalks in behind me, eager to start teaching.

I don't blame him, it's his dream job.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

"Belle! Wake up." Hazel pokes my cheek. "It's over."

I stifle my yawn and pack up my things, then get out of the History Of Magic classroom as fast as possible.

I really don't like that class. How does Hermione even stay awake?

Speaking of Hermione...

"I'm dying. I'm actually dying over here."

"I guess you're not a lucky one, then."

"And I have to go through this once a month for how long?"

"Until you're an old lady."

"Well, that sucks."

"Just think of it from a positive perspective. Now you can slap Draco, and have a good excuse. Now you can hex... A certain girl or boy... And be able to get away with it. I hope. Anyway, sometimes it can be an advantage over the guys."

"This is not an advantage."

"I feel you, but you can do this. Your mum did, and your grandmother."

"I don't want to."

"Curl up in the common room, take a shower. A hot one. Something to take your mind off it."

"Thanks."

"Anytime. How come I haven't seen you take a bathroom break all day?"

"There's a charm."

I facepalm. "So I didn't need to go to the muggle stores all those times?"

"Nope."

"Still thinking like a muggle, then."

"I'd better go now." She winces a bit and walks off.

"Have fun!" I call after her, then go outside.

__________________________________

I noticed Jo never wrote anything about... *coughs dramatically* (How the hell do you cough dramatically? I meant awkwardly, okay?)

Sorry if this was awkward for guys, but it's the truth.

Ericano keeps it real.

QOTC: ideal wedding place?

~Ericano