47. Cedric will FIND Lily soon.

Over the next few weeks, I teach Harry how to play guitar. By the end of the holidays, he's about as good as me.

I take credit for the rest of the songs I teach him, since he won't know half the people, since they probably haven't been born yet.

So I steal their music.

Then it's back to school for half a year. I'm actually really happy until Harry tells me that Cedric just gave him advice on the egg.

I go into shock then, and sort of curl up into a ball on my bed.

He has half a year left to live and I can't change that. Hermione comes in and sits beside me, rubbing my back.

"What's up? Is this something to do with your father?"

"No, it's another death. And I'm not allowed to change it. I met him, and he's going to die! I can't do anything. He's a great guy, and his life is going to end this year."

"Who is it?"

"I can't tell you. You're too Gryffindor, you don't know the consequences. This ones important. I want to change everything, to save everybody, but then I would lose my advantage over the dark lord. I couldn't know when Severus would die, so I wouldn't be able to save him."

"Knowledge is bad sometimes, isn't it?" She says sympathetically

"Ignorance is bliss. Deaths hit you out of the blue, but it's better than knowing and not being able to change it. Sometimes I just want to go back home. But there's no more home there. My place is with Severus. He's my dad now, and I need to save him." I whisper. "It's what I'm here to do, and I'll do it if it means death. He deserves this."

"Promise me you won't die."

"If I don't have to, I won't. Luckily, the plan is straightforward. When it happens, can you get the boys away as quick as possible for me? Tell them about the adoption if you need to. If I'm to save him, I need to make sure nobody knows."

"Of course."

"Also, you should learn a few healing spells before next year. Don't ask, just learn. I might not he there when required."

"Where will you be?"

"I'll be busy as a double spy. I need to stop the things that need to be stopped, before they happen."

"Okay. What kind of healing spells?"

"Have you heard of quills that don't require ink, because as you write, it cuts your hand?"

"Blood quills? Those are rare, but generally not allowed."

"Well, next years DADA teacher doesn't seem to know that. She's power hungry, and will punish anyone and everyone who gets in her way. Also, keep your head down, but find a proper way to learn. What she does, it isn't teaching."

"Okay, so I need healing spells, a way to survive next year but get good grades, and I also need to get the boys away as quick as possible."

"Yeah. I think the rest will follow if you do those."

"Thanks. Are you given any credit for this?"

"I'm not in the books, so no. I'm mainly pointing things out so that you get a head start. I'm not meant to be in the books."

"It would have made an awesome series of you were."

"It already is. Or will be. Hey, do you want to read the first three years?"

"Do you have them with you?"

"Yeah, they're in my suitcase."

"Why do you say suitcase?"

"Well, first of all, James Morgan, my first father, adopted me. My actual parents couldn't afford two kids, and didn't know they were having twins. Instead of putting me to sleep, they decided to get someone to adopt me. That guy was James. So anyway, my parents live in New Zealand, along with my twin. She doesn't know I exist. He would take me there in the holidays to visit the country. I picked up a few of their words, and half an accent?"

"Half?"

"I don't sound like them, not fully at least. I don't sound British either. I'm in the middle, half and half."

"That's cool. You have half an accent."

"Yeah. Random fact: you'll be 21 when I'm born."

"Ron will overreact." She laughs "That'll be funny."

"I'll make sure you're there when I tell him."

"We'd better get back to the boys. So what did Harry say to you, anyway?"

"Something about somebody." I go back into my previous state.

"Well, let's go and talk it out with them. Harry will understand."

"Only Hazel will fully understand, and she's so immature she's probably having a party somewhere in a broom closet with her mini clones."

"Is there anybody else who would understand?"

"My dad but we can't bring him here. The stairs are enchanted."

"Who's the next most understanding person?"

"You."

"But you won't tell me who it is."

"Exactly. It's better of you don't know. I don't want you to feel this."

"I can take it."

"No, you can't. I bet you couldn't take the death of Harry or Ron. If I told you one of them was meant to die, you would save them, wouldn't you?"

She nods slowly. "Do they?"

"Well, eventually they'll die of old age, if that's what you meant."

She sighs in relief and I smile softly. "You have a big heart, Hermione, but I can't tell you. Your heart can be too big, and I know you. I've known you for so long. I knew you a year before we met. You'll try to save this person. We won't even be near, anyway. He's already too far in it to back out. He can't get out of this. It's killing me to know this, but it's true."

She goes down to the common room, and I can hear hushed voices. She comes back.

"He won't tell me."

"Please don't, Hermione." I whisper. "You'll make it worse. Just let it go."

"You could talk to whoever it is, tell them the seer story. Everybody buys that one. You could say something similar to what you said to Harry. It'll help."

"You sure?"

"Definitely."

I thank her, and she takes me back downstairs. I avoid their eyes.

"I'll be back. Harry, take the advice."

"Why?"

"I know you're jealous. Just do it. For me." I give him a small smile and he nods. "Do it tonight."

_________________

Belle isn't coping well...

Luckily, Hermione is there.

What a good friend.

QOTC: least favourite moment in the books?

Please vote! I appreciate it.

~Ericano