38. I think it counts as a joke

Some of this isn't true. I made it up, since nobody knows the facts.

After a while, I find the living room.

"This place is confusing." I say.

"You'll get used to it." Says Severus, who is sitting in an armchair. He has kindly got another one for me, so I sit in that.

"We need bonding time."

"What?"

"Well, you don't know any random facts about me, and you never told Harry anything about yourself, apart from your hate for James and eventually your love for Lily, so I never found out. We hardly know each other."

"I'm glad Potter never found out the intimate things, like my favourite colour." He says somewhat jokingly.

Does that count as a joke?

He really is changing.

"And that is...?" I prompt.

"Black."

"According to muggles, black isn't a colour."

"It is now. I'm not a muggle anyway, am I? What's yours?"

"Blue and purple."

"What kind of blue?"

"I guess, the one that's not all blue. It's got some green in it, but it's not cyan."

"That's a nice colour."

"What's your favourite flower?"

"I think recently it's been a Lily. How about you?"

"I like yellow roses. Favourite kind of music?"

"I guess it's a bit like the weird sisters, but not the singing. Just the music in the background. I like actual singing with my music."

The grin on my face is so big my face hurts.

"I know a lot of OneRepublic songs like that!"

"Aren't they all like the one you showed me?"

"No, they have different sounds. I think it's good that way, because it introduces fans to new styles and there's always a chance that you'll like at least one of their songs."

"They're starting to sound like they're having trouble finding a style."

"I think they like to experiment. Their style is in the lyrics."

"What kind of lyrics?"

"Ones that are either really meaningful, or love songs sometimes, which were written for Ryan's wife, or there's that one song that was written for his son. A lot of the older ones make you think. Especially Dreaming Out Loud. I think I'm close to figuring it out."

"So you like trying to figure out the meanings of songs?"

"Yeah. I was so close to figuring it out. Anyway, back to random questions... What do you do all day?"

"If I'm not teaching potions or marking essays... I'll read. I think I'm running out of books, though. When that happens I'll re-read the Harry Potter series."

"That reminds me, Mr and Mrs Weasley invited me over. They've got tickets to the Quidditch World Cup final. Could I go?"

"I'm not sure. You know what is being planned among the death eaters at this moment, I presume?"

"Yes. Making fun of muggles, levitating them and their families. I don't get why the ministry couldn't use normal wizards."

"Exactly. I don't think you should go. You do have freedom here, but over there, it'll be dangerous. I know you, and you'll try to stop them. If you tell them who you are, it could blow our covers."