30. Looks like Pansy sucks

WOOHOO CHAPTER 30

Dedicated to Jily_Forever2190 because her reaction to the Pansy thing was hilarious. Absolutely priceless.

Thanks for making me smile so much, Em.

Anyway, enjoy the 30th chapter! (This is the longest book I've ever written by the way)

How could she? She was my friend.

I proceed to copy Harry with the 'he was their friend!' thing. Except Harry hasn't done that yet.

Meh, that's this weekend.

I then storm off to the dungeons before anybody can stop me. I'm feeling dangerous.

I open the door to the common room and take my wand out. I push Pansy against a wall and bring my wand up to her throat.

"I trusted you. You were my friend and you went around spreading rumours." A tear slides from my eye. "You betrayed me. YOU LIAR!"

"I... I didn't mean to!" She squeaks.

"Shut it. If you didn't mean to, you wouldn't have done it. You disgust me."

"What is going on here? Isabelle, what are you doing? I heard yelling." Severus comes marching in. His office is so close that it's no surprise he heard.

"Why don't you ask my dear friend over here." I put emphasis on the word friend.

"Pansy, care to tell me what happened?"

She stays silent.

"She was spreading rumours." I say. "She was my friend and she spread sick rumours about me behind my back."

"Both of you. My office. Now."

We follow him and I sit down while Pansy stands up.

"What kind of rumours?"

I give him a pointed look and he glares at Pansy.

"That was uncalled for. I will not accept behaviour like this, not even from my own house. The thought that you could even think that is outrageous. A months detention. 30 points will be taken from you. I know this house spreads rumours, but never like this."

He send her out and puts his head in his hands.

"This is tiring. Now the whole school thinks we have an affair."

"You have the adoption papers, though. You could explain to the teachers. They'll tell the students off if they talk."

"Do you want to be re-sorted? Slytherin is no place for you. It will be in Dumbledores office, of you choose to put the hat on again."

"Hogwarts actually does that?"

"Yes. It's more common than you think. I'll schedule one now."

"Thanks a lot."

"You can come with me."

I follow him to the office. It turns out I can be re-sorted right now. Dumbledore places the hat and it speaks to me again.

It seems you've gained what you wanted. Now you can go to your true house.

Hufflepuff?

That's what I thought, at first. That's where I would have put you had you not needed to fulfil your mission. Now, I sense something else in you. A bit of bravery. Also intelligence. Your friends are still dear to you. Learning is okay, but not your thing, am I right? That settles it. GRYFFINDOR!

Wait, what?

Gryffindor? I just went from Slytherin to Gryffindor. At least now I can room with Hermione.

Dumbledore claps softly. Severus has the ghost of a smile on his face.

"Well done, Belle."

I look down at my hand. The ring is still there.

I wrench it off. It's the first time I've ever taken it off.

"If you don't mind, I'm going to go put this back where it came from."

Before I step out, I change my uniform and Dumbledore turns the Slytherin crest into a Gryffindor one. I thank them and head out to the room of requirement. When I get there, I throw the ring as far as I can. I don't care where it lands. It doesn't mean anything to me now.

I go back to the common room and pack up my things. Everybody stares at me as I bring my bags into the common room.

"What? Shows over, people. Nothing to see here. Whoever helped Pansy, expect me to come knocking. I know she wasn't the only one." I stare at Draco as I say the last part. He looks genuinely worried. "Bye bye, racists."

And with that I walk out, head held high.

_______________

I bet @Jily_Forever2190 is really happy with Belle for going after Pansy.

She wasn't happy with the rumours.

QOTC: do you have a pet?

I need chapter suggestions!

Please vote.

~Ericano