44. I clone a clone of a clone

The next day, Severus takes me to Diagon Alley first thing. He buys a few things he needs, while I buy my school things. Then he takes me to the wizard art shop. I buy one boy starter model and one girl starter model. I also buy one wand pack.

I'll just use the geminio charm to get more. Severus notices my plan and doesn't say anything in the store. When we walk out I grin.

"That was easy." I say.

"I think you are part Slytherin."

"Maybe. That doesn't mean I like Slytherins."

"I know. I'm just glad I stopped you before you killed her or something."

"I know the curse. We get shown it in class."

"Who's the teacher again?"

"Moody."

"So naturally, he goes against the ministry and shows you, even when he's not supposed to."

"That dude has his own rules."

"Sometimes he worries me."

"You? Worried?"

"Surprised?"

"A bit. I'm getting used to surprised these days. I thought I knew everybody, but I was wrong."

"Obviously. You can't just judge somebody after reading about them in a book."

"Tell that to the thousands of muggles who either hate or love you in the future. I've even seen the odd fan who's just a bit too lovey-dovey."

He turns red. "You don't mean..."

"Yes. It's a bit awkward, actually. Seeing those things on the internet."

"I think I'll have to stay away from fans until I know they're normal."

"No fan is normal. We're all obsessed."

"Even you?"

"Especially me. It took so much self control not to run around screaming during that first potions lesson."

"I could tell you were holding something back."

I grab his arm and he apparates us back.

"Now where's my book?" He asks jokingly.

I go into my room, and come back with the book. Mini James is in my pocket. "Don't you dare try to stop anything, mister."

"I won't. Now go make clones or whatever."

"I'll also make this massive house for them. Can you please tune James's voice before you start reading?"

"Of course."

I pull mini James out of my pocket. "Here you go."

He says a few Latin words and waves his wand a couple times. Every time he does a spell, James's voice changes.

"Does this work on people?"

"Don't even try it on me, but yes."

"Hazel is no longer safe from me, I'm going to try it out on her if it's the last thing I do."

"She's your best friend, why would you do that?"

"That's what friends are for, to prank each other and make fun of each other."

"I thought it was caring and sharing."

"Not where I come from."

"I'm done with James. If you clone him, you'll have to do the voice on the clone. Set it up and everything. You have this James to help you."