2. Snapey must live while Sirius tapdances

The old dude (who I assume is Dumbles) leads us to a pub. Before we enter, I see a sign hanging over the door saying the leaky cauldron and I turn to Hazel in excitement. This is it.

I clear my throat and the dude stops and looks at me. "So are you Dumbledore?" I ask and he nods at me, smiling.

"I know who you are, and why you're here. So you know, I myself have already read the books."

"And do you want to be saved?"

"No, no. I must die without faking it. The elder wand must answer to Harry. I have accepted my fate."

"Sir, how did you get the books? They're not even out yet! And how did you know we were coming?" I ask.

"A wizard never reveals his secrets. The muggles have it right."

"Speaking about Harry, how old is he?"

"Hagrid will be picking him up tomorrow."

I grin. I have seven years to befriend and save someone. Seven whole years. Seven... Sev... En... Sev... I turn to Hazel.

"Snape." I whisper. "Please. I have to save him."

"I kind of wanted to save Lily and James to be honest." She whispers back as we follow Dumbledore to the guest rooms. "Too bad we aren't in their era. I would have loved to at least meet them."

"Harry would have been normal though." I say, wrinkling my nose. "Also we're not allowed to change much and Harry's parents dying is a big thing."

Dumbledore stops and we bump into him.

"Here's the room I booked for Isabelle." He beckons at a door. "Hazel is just across the hallway. I will come to collect you in the morning and we will do your Hogwarts shopping. Then we will discuss who you wish to save."

We nod and separate into our rooms and Dumbledore apparates out.

<<~< >~>>

I wake up in a bed. An unfamiliar one. I must be in the hotel where the Deathly Hallows was finished. Just as planned.

"Aww...." I mutter, rubbing my eyes. "It was just a dream."

Then my mirror speaks up.

"Yeah honey. Just a dream. You'd better get moving if you wanna go shopping. Diagon Alley isn't crowded yet."

I sit upright. "It wasn't a dream? I'm in the leaky cauldron?!" I jump of of bed and I squeal with excitement then fix my hair in the mirror, since I slept in my clothes.

Then I walk across the room and open the door. Just across the hallway is Hazel, beaming at me.

"We're actually here." She whispers.

"Yeah..." I say quietly. Then we run downstairs to wait for Dumbles. He arrives about two minutes after us and buys us breakfast. Then we walk around Diagon Alley, getting our school things, with Dumbles paying yet again.

"Are you like, rich or something?" I ask him as he pays for our uniforms. "You're paying for everything and not charging us for Hogwarts! Wait... Is there a catch?"

"I'm paying because you need it. You have no proof of muggle parentage and no wizard money. That means that you can not afford to buy the things you need. And there is no catch apart from saving lives. Not that I do not trust Minerva, but Severus is a good man who never got the glory until after he died. I wish for him to have a good life after I am gone."

I nod slowly. Why is he being kind to us? He literally met us and without us even introducing ourselves, he booked us places to stay and buys us our school things, then won't charge us for school fees.

"Sir, where will we stay in the summer?" I ask as we head towards Ollivander's Wand Shop.

"Hogwarts, of course."

"Isn't there something we can do in return?"

"Save some lives other than mine. It is imperative that I die, and anyway, to the organised mind death is the next great adventure. Apparently I'm going to say that to Harry in the future."

We walk through the door to Ollivander's and Hazel and I are greeted by Mr Ollivander himself. The one and only!

We try about fifty wands each and still nothing works. Mr Ollivander sighs. "The only explanation for this is that you are muggles. But that would be impossible. Dumbledore wouldn't bring two muggles... Actually, he would."

"Yeah... We're muggles. Are we still able to do magic?"

"There just happen to be some wands designed for muggles. Only two. I was told Dumbledore would bring their owners to me."

"By who?"

"I don't know. It was written on a note. No name, no signature. The note was attached to these boxes."

He waves his wand and two boxes fly into his hand. I turn to Hazel and mouth 'summoning charm'. She nods excitedly.

We take a wand each and wave them around. I know this is the one.

Big D pays for our wands and we go back up to my Leaky Cauldron room. Dumbledore conjures up some chairs and we sit down.

"So who would you like to save?"

Straight to the point, Dumbles. Straight to the point.

"Well," I begin. "I kind of wanted to save Snape, but then I can't save Cedric who will eventually become a sparkling vampire." I shudder then continue. "I also couldn't save Tonks or Lupin or Fred... But Snape deserves to live. He spent all of those years loving Lily and now the grief of losing her has turned him bitter. If I could get on his good side I could save him and his happiness. I can repay him for teaching me how to be brave and how to love no matter what."

Dumbledore nods. "I think he is a wise choice. What about you, Hazel?"

"I think... I want to save Sirius. There are so many others that I would love to work with but Sirius is the second best. He is an amazing man who is seriously misjudged by the whole wizarding population. Harry would like to hug him again after Sirius's 'death' so I think that's what I would go with."

"Same here." Says Dumbles. "Who is the best?"

"You." We say in perfect synchronisation.

He smiles and wipes away a small tear. "Thank you. So how will you fake the deaths? Both pose quite a challenge. Also where will you hide them? They will need regular visits to make sure they don't kill each other."

"Well for Snape, I need to let him get bitten so people will think he died, but he needs the antidote really quickly. I might need some healing spells as well."

Dumbledore nods. "Severus can brew the snake antidote. What about Sirius?"

"We need to make people think he died. He got hit by the killing curse, so we need to make it look like it happened, but in reality, Sirius will be safe. How about a disillusionment charm?" Says Hazel. I have to admit I am impressed at that.

"That will work. I must teach you how to produce a strong enough charm but I believe you can do it."

Hazel beams and I smile. We will actually get to save our favourite characters.

_______________

YAY

If you hadn't noticed by now, Snape is my king.

Vote, comment, fan

Thanks for reading!

~Ericano