13. Pansy wants to apologise

MONSTER CHAPTER (my name for all of my long chapters)

I wake up and look around. Pansy isn't here. I shrug and get ready for breakfast, grabbing my books and other things. She's probably eating.

It turns out her parents took her away to 'sort something out'. I overhear her friends talking about it at breakfast. I wonder what they took her away to sort out.

I finish my breakfast and head off to charms with Lavender. She kindly offers to sit with me in every class. I'm glad for this.

She even helps me out heaps in Potions.

"Never cut them even if it says to cut. Always squash them. Like this." She shows me how to squish rock berries with the blade of a knife and it reminds me of Snape's old potion book.

We finish off our potion first but Snape praises Draco. Good, sticking to the plan.

"Well done Draco... Five points to Slytherin..."

Harry is basically steaming at the ears. So is Ron. I chuckle quietly at their expressions. I really need a camera.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

"Guess what happened last night? I saw him threatening Quirrel while I was looking for Nicholas Flamel!"

"Who?" I ask, trying not to grin.

"Snape, you dummy!" Snaps Ron. "He probably wants Quirrel to go get whatever it is in there for him! That way he won't get bitten again!"

"Don't be silly! He's a Hogwarts teacher! He would never go against Dumbledore."

"Whatever you say, Belle." Well, I guess I'll tease Ron later about this.

"Now you guys are calling me that?! Great." I mutter. "It siriusly gets on my nerves."

"Siriusly?" Asks Harry.

"Umm... Soon. A couple of years until you'll understand. Can't explain."

"How do you know everything?"

"I'm..." I think back to Hermione. "A seer?" I offer. Both Harry and Ron look at me wide eyed.

"So that's how you know!" Exclaims Ron.

"Know what?" I ask.

"Spiders..."

"Of course..." I mutter.

"What's up with spiders?" Pipes up Harry. Oh no. Ron opens his mouth but I motion for him to shut it.

"Ron, save that for next year. Harry, don't ask questions."

"I need help, though. What's going to happen this year?"

"No, you don't need help. This is going to be one of your easiest years."

He gulps. "Will anyone die? In the years I am here?"

"Well, duh. School would be boring if that didn't happen. No offence to dead people."

"Who's going to die?"

"Yeah, like I'm going to tell you when and where. I might as well tell you everything about your future if I tell you about the deaths. The answer is no. I'll give you pointers, not answers. You're headed in the right direction and you'll get it soon."

A chocolate frog bounces past us, being chased by Hannah Abbot.

"I love chocolate frogs!" I say loudly before leaving.

"I think that's a hint..." I hear Ron hiss rather loudly.

Boys... I roll my eyes. Of course it was a hint. Eat a chocolate frog, Harry.