60. Another monster chapter

So you guys know that when I hit a milestone or something, I give out dedications.

Quite a few dedications.

I also just found out I can dedicate from iPad. Yay!

This chapter will be way longer than usual.

Dedicated to Cmac1909. Apparently she's addicted to this book.

Thanks, Macaroni! (That's my name for her)

Enjoy the show.

A week later we go to Diagon Alley to get my school things, and I manage to get a job at The Leaky Cauldron. It's only cleaning, but it's a start. Severus also let me buy some Christmas presents.

For the rest of the holidays, I floo to Diagon Alley to work, and Severus manages to read The Fault In Our Stars.

Let's just say he's pretty quiet over dinner.

I snap out of my thoughts as he stands up.

"Which book is next?"

I raise my eyebrows. "You like the books?"

"I must admit the muggles are alright at books, although that last one was just depressing towards the end."

"You can say that again." I pause to think. "The Hunger Games is another really good one. It's a series."

"Okay."

"Okay."

"That book has ruined my life." He mutters.

I grin. "Same here. Every book has, to be honest. We call it feels."

"I'll get started on The Hunger Games, then."

As he steps out of the dining room, I call out to him.

"Be prepared to board the ship!"

I hear a laugh as he sits down with the book, and soon I hear the turn of a page. I smile to myself as I remember how he was when I first arrived at Hogwarts. Cruel, bitter, and mean. Now he's a bookworm.

I finish of my salad and join him, picking up a Darren Shan book.

"Where are you up to?" I ask once I sit down in an armchair.

"The reaping."

"Oh snap. Have fun." I return to my book, and glance up in time to see his eyes widen. I guess he's just read Prim's name at the reaping. My eyes wander back to the pages, and I'm stuck in the book for good.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

I jerk awake, and look down at my lap, where the third book in the series sits. Severus is holding Catching Fire, snoring. I'm pretty sure he's halfway through.

How long were we up?

I shake his arm. "Wake up, sleepy."

"Lily, is that you?"

"No, this is Isabelle speaking. We fell asleep while reading."

That's when he wakes up properly.

"What?"

"Yeah. How's the book going?"

He checks the pages. "Somewhere in the games." His eyes don't leave the book, and he turns the page.

Welcome to the bookworm life, dad.

I sigh and head to the kitchen to make breakfast, then fix my hair up and change clothes. Once I'm done, I trudge back to the living room, where Severus is still reading. I place a bookmark in between the pages and snap it shut.