73. Torture and rebellion

Once we get off the train, I hear whips and look around wildly. The Carrows are eyeing the first years like they're fresh meat. I find Severus, grabbing his arm. He turns to look at me, and I gesture to his lovely choice of teachers.

"I really don't like these people."

"I'll keep them under control."

"I hope so. If you don't, I'll just have to show them what the Weasley twins taught me."

"The carriages await. Try not to visit me too much, I'm supposed to be heartless."

"Fine, but I'll send letters."

"Why?"

"Because I if don't, then I'll be scared that you're in your shell again."

"I'll be fine, now go."

"Bye."

I climb into a carriage, and glare at the Carrows. If they use those whips, I'm declaring war. I'm silent for the ride, and nobody disturbs me.

I'm plotting my revenge in advance.

Huh, maybe I do belong in Slytherin.

Too late.

The great hall doesn't look so homey. I'm getting bad vibes from this place. I shiver and sit down. The first years must be so scared.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

A few nights later, after DADA, I have all of the Gryffindors that are in Dumbledore's Army assembled in the common room.

"First thing's first." I say. "I vote Neville to be the new leader. Anybody agree with me?" They all nod, and I look to him. "It's settled. We're all yours."

"What?"

"You're meant to do great things, Neville. This is just the first step. What do you think we should do to restart the army?" I cross my fingers, and he pulls out some fake galleons.

"Well, some of the older students who left... They handed these back to me. We could give them to some younger students."

"Perfect. When we need more, I'll ask Hermione how."

"I'm not even surprised you can communicate. How are the trio?"

"They're fine. Running for their lives, but fine."

"We have to help them!"

"Nobody's physically chasing them at the moment."

"Okay. Well, we have to get back at the Carrows. What do we do?" He looks to me, and so does everybody else.

"It's up to you guys! I honestly have no idea what we're supposed to do all year, so let's just go crazy."

"Like?"

A lightbulb goes off in my head. "Anybody else like drawing?"

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

A week later, we're out in the castle past bedtime. I wince, as I pull a can of spray paint out of a bag like Hermione's.

The cruciatus curse doesn't just do temporary pain.

When I remember what we're about to do, I grin despite the pain. It's worth it.

We split up, and work our way through the castle, two people per floor, one at each end. We have some Ravenclaws and a couple of Hufflepuffs as well as our Gryffindors.

I start out by painting the Mockingjay symbol, and spraying on a famous Katniss quote. 'If we burn, you burn with us.' When I finish the letters, I paint some flames on the bottom of the wall, and move on to my next target.

A white Phoenix, with the words 'the army lives on' is sprayed on the busiest corridor of my floor, the seventh.

'Down with the Carrows!" Is on the next corridor. Every time we finish another one, we put a permanent sticking charm on the paint. Soon, every single corridor has some sort of slogan on it, and we go to bed, wide awake with adrenaline.

Phase one is complete.

The next morning, the Carrows are furious. They suspect us Gryffindors and won't let anyone in our house eat breakfast. The Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs sneak us food.

Puff power.

While our house sits at their table, watching everybody else eat, I swear a few teachers give us a thumbs up.

Severus doesn't lose his cool, and it only takes a second of eye contact for him to know who it is. As promised, he keeps his mouth shut, but orders the Carrows to find out who it is.

Sorry, but we had to.

I know.

I turn back to the table, my mind wandering to where the trio might be.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

A month later, the Carrows still haven't found out. They now torture us, and offer to let us go if we say who it was. Luckily, the Ravenclaws haven't given in yet. At night, I sneak out and grab books full of healing spells from the hideout room. I study them, and become the undercover healer.

Right now, I'm on my way to heal the Ravenclaws in their common room. It's the middle of the night. I hear footsteps, and pretend to be sleepwalking. One of the Carrows slaps my face.

"What's a student doing out of bed? More graffiti?" He snarls.

Time to use my acting skills. I rub my eyes, then my cheek. "Where am I? It's cold."

"Don't play games with me, dearie." He spits. "I don't care if you're the dark lord's key to victory, I will punish you."

"I'm a sleepwalker." I say, yawning. "That's why I wear shoes to bed. One time my friends followed me in first year. Apparently I walk around the castle at night."

"Would you like some milk?"

Veritaserum. Thats a new low.

"No thank you. I'd better get back to bed. If I see a spray painter I'll tell you."

I walk off, pretending to be confident.

Like a boss.

_______________________________________

The 'if we burn, you burn with us' and the Phoenix were suggested by Jily_Forever2190, my evil partner in crime.

*evil laugh*

AyannaPotter suggested the cruciatus curse.

QOTC: do you ship Nuna or Nannah? (Is it nannah or heville?)

Please vomment!

~Ericano