31. Gryffindor!

"Hey! Ron!"

"Bloody hell! Where's your house stuff?"

"This is my house stuff. Is Hermione in her dorm?"

"Yeah..." He stares at me as I carry my bag up.

I knock on a door that says 'third years' and Hermione opens it.

"Isabelle? What are you... Oh, did you have a re-sorting? What happened?"

"Pansy sucks. Apparently I'm rooming with you guys."

"There's a spare bed beside mine. What did she do?"

I step in. All the other girls are out. I close the door and put a silencing charm on the room.

"Pansy spread the rumour that I was dating Severus."

Her reaction is actually hilarious.

"What in the name of Merlin's pants was going through her head?! He's your dad!"

"She doesn't know that. Anyway, I found out from Luna."

"What did you do?"

"I had a reaction similar to the reaction Harry's going to have this weekend."

"Which is?"

"He found out Sirius Black supposedly betrayed his parents and he hid under the cloak sulking. You pulled it off him and he started going 'he was their friend!'. I did the same, sort of."

"That can't be all that happened."

"Naturally, I ran down to the common room and cornered her, yelled a bit, then Severus sorta stopped me from hexing her, and took us to his office. I sadly had to explain and he took off 30 pints and she got detention for a month. Then he offered to let me have a re-sorting and I thought I would get Hufflepuff this time but that hat's all, 'nope, Gryffindor it is.' and I sort of made a dramatic exit out of the Slytherin common room, promising revenge on everybody else who helped Pansy."

"Now I know why this is your new house."

I unpack my things. "Well, I love it here. I've been in the replica of this place, but it's not the real deal. How was your day?"

"Not as dramatic as yours. I think Ron heard... The rumours, though."

"Oh snap. Well, I know memory charms."

"Isabelle!"

"What else is there to do?! I can't tell him. That's not an option. You know how things are. Yes, I know about that adorable little necklace of yours. You know how you have to keep appearances up. It won't work, by the way but hold onto the time turner. You'll need it if you don't want deaths. Anyway, back to the problem, you're the genius. What do I do?"

"So you can't tell him... But you can't erase his memory... A confundus charm?"

"Duh!" I hit my forehead. "Why didn't I think of that? You really are brilliant, Hermione."

She grins and I go downstairs.

"Ron, what's up?"

"I heard something today..."

"Confundo. You don't think the rumours are true." Yup, just do it out of nowhere. That's how I do things.

"Those rumours are obviously fake." He says. "I'm on your side."

"Of course you are. Has Harry heard?"

"No."

"Good. By the way, I got Pansy back for being such a back stabber. Well, anyway, gotta get back to Hermione. See you later, new house mate."

I skip up the stairs. "That was quick." Says Hermione.

"I just sort of asked what was up, then did the charm, talked a bit, then came back. I'm a punctual person." I think to all the times I was only just in time for class. "Actually, forget that last part."

I collapse on my bed.

"When's Halloween?"

"Next month. Why?"

"No reason." I don't think it would be wise to talk about the tradition. That's a Snape thing. A whole month...

I stare at my surroundings. "These curtains rock, I don't get why Dumbledore didn't like them."

"He was in Gryffindor?"

"Yup, set fire to them in his fourth year. I think it was fourth. Or fifth. I can't remember. Something starting with 'f'."

"Now I know why you said obsessed."

Soon the other girls come in. Lavender is all welcoming because she knows me, but the others are a bit cold towards me. Oh well, I have more friends here than my old house.

More real friends.

___________

I was bored today, so I wrote eight chapters.

Not obsessive at all.

At least I got these done.

QOTC: what country/state are you in?

Please suggest a title name!

Please vote!

~Ericano