6. People skills because people kill

Thursday morning I wake up and pull on my clothes. I am going to spend my left over time helping Harry through his journey. That boy needs help if he can't figure out what friend isn't in front of him.

I also need to talk to Hermione. I don't know why, but my senses are tingling. After breakfast I make my way to Charms, then Transfiguration, then lunch, then Herbology. Once we finish learning about healing plants I follow Harry and Ron around.

I haven't said Won Won anymore so Ron's ok with me tagging along giving them ideas.

"Snape's a nice guy..." I say casually.

"He felt the need to bite Harry's head off in the first lesson. I don't find that very nice." Says Ron. "She needs to sort out her priorities." He says quietly to Harry. I can hear what he says even if he says it really quietly. It's because I'm right next to him.

Exactly how do they manage to destroy all of the Horcruxes? They have no common sense at all.

'A lot of the greatest wizards haven't got an ounce of logic.' The quote from Hermione rings in my ears. I guess that's true. I'm glad I'm not a wizard then.

I'm a... Yeah, I'm still a muggle.

At least us muggles can think things through.

"You know guys, Snape's a good guy... You should give him a chance." I say casually.

"No." Says Ron without hesitation. "He was willing to murder Harry the second he laid eyes on him, I saw it. He didn't give Harry a chance, so why should we?"

I sigh. "You have a real problem Ron. You like Snape, don't you Harry? Harry?"

"Well... Ron does have a point. And anyway, what's he done to make you like him so much?"

"He's done many things, Harry." I say solemnly. "He's reduced me to tears with his bravery and love. You will never understand how much I admire him. Ever. So some things he probably shouldn't have done, but he got the worst out of it. Nobody got it worse than him. He's had to live with that pain and that's what makes him so special. He gritted his teeth and made it through. Not even you can do that, Harry. I know that."

"Well, if he makes an unprovoked move on us we will go back to normal, but for now we'll try for you."

"Thanks Harry." I hug him and turn around. "I have to go now, but I wanted to talk some sense into you. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

I skip back down to my dorm and settle down on my bed to do my homework. Once that's done I push it aside and pull the covers over my head, ready for tomorrow.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

I jump out of bed and pull my robes on. I think I'll get Snape to write out lists on why he doesn't like certain people, and we can discuss them. I'll help him see everything from their points of view and make peace with them. Of course,he will need to pretend to hate them, but he will need to be nice when they are alone.

This is going to be fine. I hope.

I bolt down to my classes for the day and then at potions Snape asks me to stay behind again.

"Why does she stay behind?" Asks Seamus.

"None of your business, Finnigan." He snaps.

"I'm doing extra work." I say. "Learning new potions."

Seamus nods. I stay where I am as everyone else leaves.

"So I thought we could work on making peace with James and his friends."

"Two are dead, one is in Azkaban, and the other is practically homeless."

"Correction: one is dead, one is staying with a kind wizard family, one is going to break out of Azkaban in a couple of years, and the other will get a job here in that same year." I state. "I need you to make a list of reasons why you hate each one. You write them down and we will discuss them. This helps, trust me."

"I thought we would be doing people skills."

"This is the first step. Once this is done and you are ok with the marauders, we work on other people and not being so bitter. Also, Harry's willing to be nice to you. Sort of. He said he would give you a chance as long as you don't do anything unprovoked."

Snape nods. "It's just those eyes..."

I smile sadly. "I know it must be hard but this time you're not alone." I say encouragingly. "I'll help you."

"Let's do this then."

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

James Potter

1. Because he was an arrogant person and didn't deserve Lily.

2. He thought he was the best all the time.

3. He led his gang against me all the time. I was his favourite prey. He made Hogwarts horrible for me.

4. He just had to tease about the nose.

5. Because he almost let me die.

Sirius Black

1. He was James's right hand man.

2. He picked on me almost as much as James.

3. That prank he pulled on me that almost got me killed.

4. For betraying Lily

Peter Pettigrew

1. Trying to join in with the bullying.

2. Being too weak to stand up to Sirius.

Remus Lupin

1. For not stopping the torture his friends put me through.

I whistle. "That's quite a bit."

"They did a lot."

"True that." I say. "Let's start with James."

_______________________

Poor Snape.

I just bought his wand today! *runs around the room screaming*

It's 2:15am New York time (I'm currently putting Saving Snape on my laptop about 8 months after this was uploaded and I just wanted to say that I was not in New York at the time, I was in Orlando Florida but time zones, you know?) at the moment but I am so not sleepy.

So I decided to write!

Comment, vote, fan

~Ericano