Stone

"He didn't die."

Cross looked at Dream with disbelief, "What do you mean 'He didn't die'?!"

Dream looked sadly onto Cross, "You know how I was... unconscious for awhile..."

Cross nodded slowly, "Yeah..."

"It wasn't just because I used up my magic for you... it was because..."

Cross looked at Dream, eager for an answer.

"I felt Nightmare's pain... my soul... is connected to Nightmare's"

"What do you mean 'your soul is connected to Nightmare's?!" Cross worriedly yelled.

"If Nightmare dies.. I-I... I go with him..."

Cross had his eyes(?) wide, "So- THAT MEANS I ALMOST KILLED YOU!?"

"N-no Cross it wasn't li-"

"YOU WERE ALMOST DEAD BECAUSE OF ME!!" Cross pointed his finger at Dream.

"Cross... calm down.. it- wa- you didn't know..." Dream gazed down, "It's not your fault and I'm okay!"

Cross wrapped his arms tightly around Dream in a protective manner, "I'm.. sorry."

Dream smiled softly, "It's okay Cross.."

"But ho-how do we get rid of Nightmare then?!" Cross questioned.

"Getting rid of him wasn't my true intentions, hurting him.. well yes. But killing him, no. I want to restore him... Nightmare, well before, he was kindhearted and sweet. But, the real monster here... is... me. "

Cross looked puzzled at Dream's choice of words, "How is Dream... a monster like she says she is? That's impossible she's positivity herself!"

"I-I, was the one who caused all of this... Cross" Dream frowned, "I was the reason why Nightmare... is like this."

Dream dug into her pockets, grabbing one of the small spherical ball. Tears slowly dripping to the floor as she threw it to the ground. A certain scene began to play.

"Once there were two twins. Both equally representing and protecting the Tree of Feelings."

"Dream, the guardian of Positivity and Nightmare, the guardian of Negativity. The two twins were to keep the tree safe and keep evil from stealing the apples, since the apples possessed the positivity or negativity of all life in the multiverses."

"However since Dream was positivity, many people loved her for her positive aura. She was favored over Nightmare. All AUs loved and protected her, sadly leaving Nightmare in the shadow of his own sister."

"Driven by loneliness , Nightmare tried to ask his sister for help. Dream, however, ignored his cries to save her pride. Soon, his loneliness turned to envy..."

"Nightmare tried to get the attention of others, trying his best to be as kind as possible. He tried to help out children, but his negative aura getting the best of him and the kids."

"Thanks to this, Nightmare was eventually hated by all. Called nothing but a threat and a mistake to creation. Dream soon noticed this, and looked back onto her own mistakes. But, Nightmare didn't listen."

"Nightmare just wanted to be loved by others, he thought of giving them an apple from the Tree of Feelings. So he did something that he knew he shouldn't of done. Nightmare reached up to one of the bright shining golden apples Dream protected, and plucked one."

"With the golden apple at hand, Nightmare felt victorious. Until, the apple turned into the ones black and rotten like the ones on Nightmare's side. Many people ran to the tree to discover the horror. They blamed Nightmare, and began to attack him. Dream ran up, the last golden apple at hand. She told them to stop. But, Nightmare..."

"His envy for Dream turned into... H A T E."

"Nightmare chuckled, then laughed. A devious grin was plastered all over his face. He was driven insane from all the hate he had received. He blamed it on Dream. He said that she had never loved him. And with those words he ate the black apple."

"Nightmare felt the surge of power blast through him, he then ate the ones left on the trees. Dream called out to her brother, gripping onto the last apple of positivity. Nightmare looked at Dream, his eyes grew wide, he coughed. Black goo came up from him. He coughed again and again, something inside of him was choking him. The negativity from all the apples was too much."

"Dream ran over to her brother's side hugging him tightly. Nightmare's breathing came to a rise. The same black goop began to leak from his eyes and mouth. Dream yelled his name."

"But he couldn't hear her."

"He tried to call out for help."

"But to him. No one came."

"The goop began to cover him body, black tentacles grew from his sides. Nightmare wasn't Dream's brother any longer. Dream stepped backwards in fear, she told everyone to run. Nightmare, using his tentacles, killed all of them. He adsorbed all their souls, making him grow stronger."

"Dream didn't know what to do, she looked at the apple left in her hand. She ate the apple."

"Dream became the last hope of all the AUs. But, she wanted her brother back. She wanted to say sorry. She wanted to say sorry for all of her mistakes. She did her best to stop him."

"Nightmare ended up weak, but he managed to turn Dream into stone. Escaping quickly he began to hunt for more negativity to feed on, so he can destroy his sister once and for all."

"Dream couldn't do anything to stop him."

Dream fell to her knees. Waterfalls of tears dripped from her eyes, "I'm.. a monster, Cross."

Dream covered her face with her hands, "I caused all of this. I am a monster! I'm so selfish! You say that I can't do it because I'm positivity! BUT NO! LOOK AT WHAT I DID LOOK AT THE TROUBLE I'VE CAUSE! Look... what I d-did to m-my o-wn B-brother..."

Cross looked at Dream with eyes of pity, "Dream... don't worry. I'll help you... I'll get the Nightmare you know back. For the sake of the world, and for my love's sake."

Dream ran into Cross' arms, her tears flowing behind her. Crying in his chest, Cross gently kissed her forehead. Dream wrapped her arms tightly around Cross, her sobs growing softer by the minute. Cross gave her a patient smile, Dream looked up at him. She gave a small smile.

"I need to save the Nightmare that I know..."