Passion

Dream closed her eyes and ran into the nearby forest. Her face was burning like a wildfire spreading. She stopped to catch a breath, she buried her face in her hands.

"What did I do!" She quietly muttered, "I'm so stupid! Why did I do that!"

Dream sat down against a nearby tree, she put her head between her knees. She hugged her knees softly.

"Dream?"

Dream looked to her side and before she could react, she was cut off by a tight hug.

"Leave me alone... please..." Dream swallowed.

Cross refused her pleading and kept hugging her.

"Dream? Why did you... run away?" Cross softly, slowly stroking her head.

"I was so stupid.." She mumbled quietly, turning her back on Cross, "I always do things without thinking, I don't know what I was doing!"

"Dream... I didn't say I didn't like it..." Cross felt his face starting to grow even warmer as those words slipped from his mouth.

Dream felt her eyes grow wide, she turned around quickly, "Wh-wha-"

Cross leaned in an slowly closed the space between them, a warm feeling spread throughout Dream's body. Cross' hand slowly found themselves cupping Dream's cheeks. Dream had her eyes wide opened in shock, she didn't know what to do... but she felt... happy. Her positivity began to spread throughout her and Cross.

Cross finally pulled back, his eyes filled with wonder. Dream looked up at her close companion, she slowly sunk back and buried her face in her hands. She quickly stepped forward and embraced Cross tightly, hiding her face in his chest. Cross staggered back a little but hugged back in return.

"Cross... I..." Dream managed to choke out, "I-"

"I love you too Dream..." Cross interrupted.

Dream looked at Cross with her eyes filled with delight, relief, and happiness. Her face felt like it was melting. She closed her eyes once more and and leaned in to taste the sweet taste of happiness. Their lips touched once more, her once held in tears leaked from her eyes.

"I love you!" Dream responded suddenly, "I promise! I won't leave your side! I will protect you with all my heart!"

Cross gave out a sigh in admiration, "I will never let anyone hurt you, Dream, that is my promise. A promise from the bottom of my heart.

They stood there in perfect happiness....

But there is a time when promise have to be broken...