Stone (Preview Chapter

"He didn't die."

Cross looked at Dream with disbelief, "What do you mean 'He didn't die'?!"

Dream looked sadly onto Cross, "You know how I was... unconscious for awhile..."

Cross nodded slowly, "Yeah..."

"It wasn't just because I used up my magic for you... it was because..."

Cross looked at Dream, eager for an answer.  

"I felt Nightmare's pain... my soul... is connected to Nightmare's"

"What do you mean 'your soul is connected to Nightmare's?!" Cross worriedly yelled. 

"If Nightmare dies.. I-I... I go with him..."

Cross had his eyes(?) wide, "So- THAT MEANS I ALMOST KILLED YOU!?" 

"N-no Cross it wasn't li-"

"YOU WERE ALMOST DEAD BECAUSE OF ME!!" Cross pointed his finger at Dream.

"Cross... calm down.. it- wa- you didn't know..." Dream gazed down, "It's not your fault and I'm okay!"

Cross wrapped his arms tightly around Dream in a protective manner, "I'm.. sorry."

Dream smiled softly, "It's okay Cross.."

"But ho-how do we get rid of Nightmare then?!" Cross questioned. 

"Getting rid of him wasn't my true intentions, hurting him.. well yes. But killing him, no. I want to restore him... Nightmare, well before, he was kindhearted and sweet. But, the real monster here... is... me. " 

Cross looked puzzled at Dream's choice of words, "How is Dream... a monster like she says she is? That's impossible she's positivity herself!"