A Thousand Stars

Dream slowly woke to the dimness of the afternoon. She noticed the warmth around her and opened her eyes. A mass of white fluff filled her vision, "Smells like chocolate?"

She tried to sit up but only to be held down by an arm, she looked to her side to see Cross slowly snoozing away next to her. Dream blushed furiously, she jumped up fast accidentally waking up the monotone companion. 

"Dream?" Cross groaned. He stood up, his face still half asleep. Cross rubbed his eyes and gave a cat like yawn. 

Dream looked at Cross with a lovable smile, "Yes, Crossy?" 

Cross blushed at the nickname Dream suddenly gave him, "Crossy?" 

"Yeah... I thought of it and it sounds cute!" Dream responded with a hint of golden blush on her cheeks.

Cross gave a slight smirk, "Well then... you can call me Crossy... but I have to call you Dreamy then..."

Dream blushed full on gold, she gave a large smile, "Okay... okay!" 

Dream went up a gave Cross a hug, wrapping her arms around Cross' neck in the process. Cross responded back by giving her a hug in return.

"So.. what would you like to do?" Dream questioned, breaking the silence. 

"Why don't we visit... OuterTale like we used to, Dreamy?" Cross responded, he stood up and dipped his body down while extending a hand to Dream. Dream gave nod and took Cross' hand, both of them held each other as they quickly teleported to OuterTale. 

"This isn't a date is it?!" Cross thought to himself, "It's not like she would like me, right?"

Dream looked back at Cross, he seamed to be staring at nothing, "Are you okay?"

Cross quickly snapped back to reality and responded with an "Yeah! I'm okay". Cross looked away and blushed a hue of purple as they began to walk around the astral AU. Dream sat down suddenly in the field of golden flowers, admiring the view of the stars from her location. Cross sat down and joined the star gazing Dream was doing, as she pointed to the constellations she could recognize.  

"The stars are beautiful from here!" Dream smiled, as she kept her sight on the stars.

Cross smiled at his view, it wasn't the stars though.. it was Dream, "Dream... you are the most beautiful star in the sky..."

Dream looked at Cross suddenly, her face flustered in that same yellow hue, "Wh- what?"

Cross smiled, "You are the brightest, most beautiful star in my sky..." 

Cross gently cupped Dream's check, his own face as dark as the color of an iris. Dream's eyes started to water as she covered her mouth. Cross opened his mouth to say one last thing.

"You shine brighter than a thousand stars."