Sudden

Cross looked out in the darkness of Nightmare's realm, it was so cold. Dust and Killer weren't in the realm at all.

"Nightmare wouldn't mind if I'd leave... would he? He doesn't need me right now..."

Silently Cross ran into a portal he spawned before him, soon enough he was in OuterTale. Once he stepped on the ground of the stellar AU, he was flodded with the feeling of Positivity. Children were happily running around, playing tag with each other. Cross chuckled. The children suddenly ran out of sight, but soon returned.

"Okay, okay! I'm coming!"

Cross turned his head in response, "Dream?"

The same female figure came in being lead by the hands of the children.

"So... what do you guys want to play?" Dream questioned sweetly.

"Hide-and-Seek!!!" The children sang.

"Alright! I'll count... you guys hide okay?"

The children were already running away, laughing sweetly.

"1"

"2"

"3"

"4"

Cross stared at Dream, her positivity spread throughout the AU. Cross hid behind a tree, slowly thinking to himself.

"Dream... she... she's here! I..."

"Cross?"

Cross jerked back in shock, "AHH"

Dream stood there her hand at her mouth and the other at her side. Her eyes glinted in curiosity and wonder, "What are you... what are you doing here?"

"I... I was looking for you..." Cross revealed.

"Me? Why?"

"I- I"

Dream smiled nervously, her cheeks(?) tinted in a gentle gold, "You don't have... have to explain if you don't want to, Cross..."

"Oh... oh okay..." Cross rushed, "Aren't you playing with the kids? They would be wondering where you are by now.."

"Y-yeah! You're right! Thanks for reminding me!" Dream laughed embarrassingly. She ran off and began to look for the young ones.

Cross couldn't help but stare in wonder.