Chapter Forty-Two

Shay

I'm so nervous. Today's the day. I've been making sure that everything is set up and exactly how I want it. Sammy is basically beaming at me. I playfully roll my eyes at her and she just giggles.

Sam: I am so excited!
Shay: Yeah, I can tell
Sam: I can't wait to see her face! She's going to love it!
Shay: (looks at her worriedly) You don't think she's going to feel ambushed?
Sam: What? No! She loves you Shay! You guys have been through so much. You both deserve this

I shook my head and continued looking around, making sure everything is perfect. If everything goes well, I'll be married in the next 5 hours.

Sasha

I woke up to Kenn and Dani smiling like crazy people in my face. I frowned before looking around the room. My mom walked out of the bathroom and she smirked at me.

Zizi: Well, hello Sunshine
S: Mom, What are you guys doing up so early? Where's Shay?
Zizi: Shay had some things to take care of and she wanted us to keep you preoccupied. So, rise and shine.
Dani: It's spa time!
S: Well, I guess I could get a mani and pedi
Kenn: Yeeeaasss girl! Let's go!

I chuckled before taking a quick shower and getting dressed. I was going to see if the other girls wanted to go but I was pleasantly surprised when I ran into everybody standing beside a bus. Shay's mom and Ashley were laughing about something while Troian, Lucy, Vanessa, Shani and Nichelle were playing cards. When I got to the group, everybody shared a smile which left me confused.

S: Okay, why do I feel like the odd one out?
Ash: Oh, trust us, you are definitely the star of the show

We went to this spa that was really amazing. It was huge! When we walked in, a whole staff escorted us to a private room. There was a chair and attendant waiting for everyone. I sat down and the woman handed me a glass of champagne while giving me a rob to put on. I sat the glass down while retreating to the changing area. The woman told us we were in for the "Pampered Package."

So for two hours, we would be catered to. A massage, mani, pedi, waxing, acupuncture and facial masks. Not to mention, all the food we want. On either side of me is my mom and Shay's. Many of the girls are sitting in front of me and it was just a good vibe.

Precious: I just want to say that, I'm glad you and Shay finally found your way to each other. I remember when I first met you all those years ago at the premiere party that you two would be good together.
S: (smiles) Thank you so much. Your daughter is amazing, the love of my life. I've never felt like this before
Precious: (grins/grabs Sasha and Zizi's hands) I just want to say how thankful I am to be brought together with you all. Family is so important and I'm thankful for you all.

Before I knew it, we all had tears pouring. We laughed before sitting back and enjoying our time together. Somehow, the conversation turned to Shay again.

Shani: Mrs. P, I've always wanted to know, what was it like raising Shay?
Precious: (chokes on drink) Oh my goodness (laughs) She was a mess!
S: (laughs) Was she that bad?
Precious: Don't get me wrong, she's amazing. I couldn't imagine my life without her. But she's always had this spark to her. Always asking questions and full of adventure. She was always into something (laughs)
Troi: I could tell. She's still like that!
Precious: She never met a stranger. She could walk up to someone and just start a conversation like she'd known them her entire life. Not to mention, the boys. Oh my God. One year, she came home with so many V-Day gifts, we had to place some of it in the garage!
S: (giggles) Boys... And now look
Precious: Don't get me wrong, there were some girls that tried to slide in, but she never paid them much attention. You Sasha, are actually the first person that Shay has brought to us that she didn't try to hide
S: (frowns) What about Matte?
Precious: (chuckles) Don't get me wrong, they were serious, but, it was more of a friendship. When I saw Shay with you, there was protectiveness in her demeanor. She wanted to take care of you. And that type of nurturing only comes with real love
S: WOW (sniffs) You're going to make me cry!
Dani: Don't! It will mess up your face for later
S: What's happening later?
Zizi: A party sweetheart. One that will probably top any other in your life

Shay

It's been three hours and everything is set. I had Sasha's dressed delivered to her room. Mine is at the venue. I won't see Sasha before the wedding. The girls will bring her to me. I can't wait to be married! Just as I was getting ready to leave, my dad stepped behind me. I turned around with a big smile.

Shay: Daddy
Mark: Hi sweetheart, you're so beautiful
Shay: (blushes) Thank you Dad
Mark: My little girl is about to get married
Shay: Hopefully
Mark: Aw, nonsense! You too are going to get married and disappear into the sunset
Shay: (hugs him) I love you!
Mark: I love you too my little angel. I'm going to go get Sasha's dad so we can be in place. See you in a little bit sport

I smiled as he walked away. I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror one last time. Hopefully, the next time I look at the woman in the mirror, she'll be a married woman. I smiled before leaving the house to go get my bride. I pray this goes how I dreamed.