Chapter Two

Shay Mitchell

This meeting is sooooo long! David and I are meeting with the creative team at Warner Bros. to talk about our new partnership. Then I have a meeting with Carnival Cruise to talk about my new #Shaycation sweepstakes. 40 lucky people will be selected to go on a 7 day trip with me to 3 destinations that I choose. I can't wait to put it all together.

Martin: How do you feel about this Shay?
Shay: I think it's great! The show was amazing when I was a kid and to see how the characters have developed and grown will be a huge hit with the 90s babies
Greg: I agree wholeheartedly Shay! That's the greatness of taking something already proven to be a success and capitalizing on it!
Shay: I also wanted to speak with you gentleman about my partnership with Marlene
Martin: Why yes! You too are a mastermind together
Shay: Marlene is actually thinking about taking another Sara Shepard book and making it into a serious. But she wants to mesh it with Pretty Little Liars

I looked around at the faces of the men at the table. They all looked thoughtful and intrigued by the idea. David gave me a huge smile.

Greg: Just as I was saying! Greatness
Martin: we'd love to speak with you and Marlene as you all put the finishing touches on the pitch. I feel really good about this

I took a deep breath and let it go as the men filed out of the conference room. David did a huge fist pump and high-fived me in the empty office.

David: Wuuuhhh! That is awesome!
Shay: Tell me about it! I can't wait to work with Mar again!
David: So are you going to dinner tonight?
Shay: Yeah, it'll be great to see everyone again
David: Everyone or someone particularly?

I blushed. It'd been a while since I got a chance to see Sasha in person. We text when we can but I have to admit. I miss the gorgeous blonde. I know Sasha will be busy with Dancing with the Stars so I can't wait to see her. Plus, I've also agreed to do Sasha In Good Taste. I miss the times when we'd go to each other's house, cook food and hang out.

David: Oh yeah. I know that look
Shay: (laughs) Whatever
David: Well, you've got about an hour before your next meeting and I know Sammy is waiting
Shay: Right. Let me hurry
David: Have fun tonight! Love you!
Shay: Love you too!

David and I have known each other almost 15 years. We met when I was a teen model. David was an inspiring singer in a Canadian boy band. He knew that if things didn't turn out the way he wanted, he'd go into managing. He loved the business side of things and was the one who looked over the contracts the group signed. Meeting me was a saving grace to him because I didn't have an agent. My parents were serving as my manager. Just one week after meeting me, his group disbanded. And the rest was history. Now we are embarking on a major partnership.

I checked my phone and saw two messages from Matte. I smiled before texting him back. We'd dated 10 years ago but broke up since I was so busy as a model. We reconnected at a party about two years ago and began dating a year ago. I like him but mostly as a friend. He is definitely good company. I also had a text from Ashley. I miss the Benzo to my Buttah. It felt like so long ago when we used to hang out and do crazy best friend things. Ash was also extremely busy with her new movie and fashion line coming out. Her line of shades was also doing very well.

When I got downstairs, Sammy was scrolling through her phone. I plopped down in the car and immediately turned on the radio.

Shay: Sammmmmmyyyyy (pouting)
Sam: Yes Shan?
Shay: When we get home, will you rub my feet?
Sam: Do I have a choice?
Shay: uhhh, no! No you don't!

Sammy pretends to scoff while I giggle and takes a couple snaps of me goofily dancing by Sammy.

Sam: So, we absolutely have to go see Sash on DWTS
Shay: Oh Yeah! I told her I would. I'll definitely be watching
Sam: Is she going to be at dinner tonight?
Shay: Yeah. I don't think she knows I'll be there too. It was kinda last minute
Sam: She'll be glad to see you. All I request is just a cake when we go to her house for filming
Shay: (laughs) That's between you and Sash
Sam: Oh, she owes me