Chapter Six

Sasha

It's been a week since my workout with Shay. I haven't gotten around to text and God, I missed her. I'm now in New York for the DWTS photo shoot. Hudson and I had gotten into another argument and I just wanted to be alone. But duty calls. Gleb walked up and threw his arm around my shoulder, causing me to laugh. Besides Shay, Gleb is the only person that could make me forget my problems and enjoy the moment. If he wasn't married and his wife wasn't such a sweetheart, I'd totally fangirl over him.

G: What's going on in that mind of yours?
S: Just... things
G: So, I have to ask. My wife's orders. Do you and Shay hang out?
S: (looking at him strange) What kind of question is that?
G: I don't know. She's like, crazy about Emison. She watches Pretty Little Liars repeatedly
S: Awww she's sweet. And yes, we do. Hang out (blushes slightly)
G: Oh my God. Was that a blush?
S: NO! It's not!
G: Yes it is. Tell me

He's so genuine and I could really use someone to talk to. Jain was currently planning for her wedding. And Amanda was busy with college. So she hadn't really been around anyone other than Hudson and Dani. And there was no way...

S: (sighs) I'm so confused. One minute, I'm excited to marry Hudson, but for the most part, I can't stop thinking about Shay
G: Have you ever told her this?
S: Of course not! Expecting someone like Shay to want me... is crazy
G: Not from what I've seen. The few shows I've seen of PLL, you definitely aren't alone in your feelings
S: Really Gleb? It's a show! (laughing)
G: It may be a show, but your chemistry shows through the TV. I see it, my wife sees it. And judging by from what you told me about fans and ships, they see it too

I sighed again. God. Falling in love with Shay is probably one of the most stupid things I've ever done. It's also one of the most exhilarating. If only she knew I felt this way.

G: Sooo, I heard there's an Sashay in Good Taste coming up?
S: (blushing) Yeah. We're going to do it in a couple of weeks
G: You guys should make a thing out of it
S: We were thinking of having a sleepover
G: (puts hand over chest) My Emison-Sashay heart. I must tell my wife

Sasha laughed and shook her head. After the photo shoot, she took her favorite and posted it on Twitter. Marlene and Lucy both retweeted the photo, offering congratulations. Shay posted the photo on her Instagram with the caption: "So proud of this 1 Strong, beautiful and amazing #Wifey"

She smiled at it before responding with Two heart-eyed emojis and a heart. Shay always made her feel amazing and wanted. Way more than her so-called fiancé had been making her feel lately. Speaking of him, she decided to call him back.

H: Look who finally remembers I exists
S: (sighs/rubs forehead) Hud, if this is how-
H: Okay, Okay, Okay. I'm sorry. That was petty. I just, I'm sorry
S: you've said that already. What's new?
H: I guess, I'm just sorry I blew things out of proportion. Especially seeing Shay with her boyfriend, I-
S: That's just it! Why are you so worried about- wait, Shay's boyfriend?
H: Yeah, I'm sorry about giving you a hard time about her

Sasha took out her phone and typed Shay's name on google. Sure enough, the gossip sites were talking about the guy she was seen with. There was a clear picture of Shay sitting in some guys lap, with her arm wrapped around his back. Sasha of course recognized him as Matte Babel. Not only had the girls done an exclusive with him for PLL, but she'd seen him with Shay at several events. It made her feel so sad.

H: Sasha!
S: I'm sorry, what?
H: I asked if you'd mind if I join you in New York?
S: I mean, you don't have to. I don't want to cause you trouble just to-
H: Nonsense Sash. Turn around. I'm already here

Sure enough, I turned around and Hudson stood there with his arms wide. I put on a fake smile before walking into his arms, closing my eyes. I wished that it was another set of arms holding me. A brunette who's just a few inches taller than me, firm yet soft, and smells like flowers and fruit.

H: I wanted to come earlier. To meet Gleb, but I got caught up
S: No worries. You'll meet him soon
H: I can't wait. This is so awesome!