Chapter Thirty-Eight

Shay

Sasha has been acting weird. After our sexy session earlier, she's been acting really distracted and I've been trying to keep and hold her attention all afternoon. Sammy is picking my family up from the airport and Sasha's parents are driving down. They stay about 2 hours away.

I'm currently sitting and watching Sasha rush around the kitchen. It's so cute but I can tell she has a lot on her mind and cooking helps her escape. I hope she's not regretting us. I can take a lot of things but that would surely break me.

S: Baby, are you feeling okay?
Shay: (small smile) Yes, I'm fine Sash. Are you okay?

She looked like she was getting ready to say something when Sammy came into the house, cutting her off.

Sam: Look who I've got!
Shay: Mom! Dad!
Sean: Sean!

We all laughed before giving each other hugs. Sasha smiled as she dried off her hands and hugged by parents. It was so cute! I love seeing her with my family and one day soon... hopefully she will also be included in that title. If she wants me.

I sighed before shaking my head. I don't want to think like this. It's Thanksgiving and I don't want doubt to cloud the evening. My parents turned to me as Sasha looked at me questioningly.

Shay: Wait, What?
Precious: Gosh Shannon, pay attention (laughs) I asked if you wanted me to bake my famous cake?
Shay: Of course Mom! You know you have to!

My dad and brother went and put their things in the guest room as Sasha and my mom went in the kitchen. I rolled my eyes. Those two are going to be the best of friends. My brother came back into the room and sat next to me.

Sean: Dude, you're girlfriend is hot A-F!
Shay: (flicks his head) Yep. And you may as well picture her as your sister from now on
Sean: (laughs) That serious huh?
Shay: (blushes) Yeah, I really want this to work

We talked a little more and hooked up my Xbox until everyone else got here. My mom and Sasha were in the kitchen while Sammy made sure I was okay. Ashley and Troi along with Patrick and Ryan arrived. The guys joined us in the living room while Troi and Ash went in the kitchen to say hello. Lucy was running late but she says she's on her way.

Sasha's parents called to tell her they were outside. I wanted to meet them at the door but Sasha didn't want me to move from the couch. She let her parents in and they made their way to me, giving hugs and kisses. Sasha's dad and my dad really hit it off and went outside on the patio to talk. Her mom had brought casserole and pie so she's in the kitchen talking with my mom.

I couldn't help but sigh. I absolutely love how today is coming together.

Sasha

The family atmosphere in the house only helped me to further realize I made the right decision. This is what I've always wanted. For some reason, Hudson and my dad never really got along so there was always tension. But dad loves Shay. I smiled as my mom fished over Shay and made sure to cut her a big slice of pie and a big glass of lemonade. Shay's mom walked up to me.

Precious: Hi Sweetie, mind if we talk?
S: Yes ma'am! Sure!
Precious: Call me mom or Mama P
S: Yes, Mom (she giggled)

We went onto the front porch where no one was. She looked at me smiling for a while before grabbing me into a big hug.

Precious: Thank you
S: (nervous laugh) Well, you're welcome. What did I do?
Precious: Loving my daughter
S: (blushes) She's kind of hard not to love
Precious: I can see it in your eyes. You love her just as much as she loves you. And it's sooo... genuine
S: She means the world to me (looks down at the ground)
Precious: What's wrong?
S: (tries to play it off) What makes you think something is wrong?
Precious: There's a little trace of sadness there. What's wrong?