Chapter Thirty-Six

Shay

I finally get to go home! But my orders are strict. No heavy lifting. No bending down. No drinking. And most devastating... no sex. Which is a complete bummer. Not to toot my own horn, but Sasha and I had a pretty active sex life. And even before that... Matte and I... well, you get the picture. The thought of not being able to make love is driving me insane but I can wait. Just being alive makes me grateful.

Sash and Ash along with my parents and Sean came to get me from the hospital. Sammy is at my house getting things ready for me. I couldn't stop smiling as Sasha walked in the room to get me. She's beautiful. Her newfound confidence shining through. She's lost more weight so she's getting back to her comfort zone and I'm so proud of her. To be honest, I'll miss her old body. She was so cuddly and warm. But I love seeing her happy. As long as she's smiling, I'm satisfied.

S: You ready to go home baby? (Kisses Shay)
Shay: Yes please. I want out these clothes
Ash: Oh no! You heard the doc!
Shay: not like that, although...
S: Nope, not going to happen (blushes)
P: Shannon Ashley Mitchell, if we have to come back out here because you've fucked your stitches loose
Shay: MOM! Oh my God! (Covers face)
Sean: (Laughing) You should have seen your face!
S: (blushing/Laughing) I can assure you Precious, that won't be happening
P: Oh please, call me mom. I got a feeling (winks)

The nurse comes in the room to push me downstairs and she's a younger girl I've never seen before. She came into the room with my papers but when she looked at me, she froze. Her mouth formed a perfect 'O' and she looked from me to Sasha. Before I think she even realized it, she let out a loud giggle and jumped in the air, clapping. Sasha and I smiled at each other.

Nurse: Oh my God! My friends will never believe this!
Shay: (smiles) How about some proof? Sash?

She walked over to kneel down beside me but instead I pulled her into my lap in the wheelchair. At first, it was a little uncomfortable because she tried to catch herself and elbowed me stomach. She realized that and rubbed it, which was actually really soothing. I smiled at the nurse and motioned for her to come over to us.

Shay: Give my brother your phone so he can take a picture of us

She giggled and clapped again before co I g on to my other side. I put one arm over her shoulder and pulled Sasha closer to me by putting my other arm around her waist. Sean took three pictures and handed her back the phone. She thanked us and went to typing on her phone. After posting the picture, she grabbed the chair and began pushing me out. I looked back and everybody's hands were filled with flowers, teddy bears, candy and balloons. I'm going to have to thank my fans for everything.

My dad's truck pulled up and Sean and Sasha helped me up on either side. They put me in the passenger seat. Sasha kissed me.

S: Babe, ill meet you at the house. Ashley's my ride
Shay: Okay. See you soon

I guess I fell asleep on the ride because I woke up to my dad lifting me bridal style in his arms. I smiled and snuggled closer to him. Don't judge me, I'm sort of a daddy's girl. When my mom opened the door, all I heard was 'Surprise!' I looked up, and everyone was there. Sammy, Ashley, Troi, Lucy, Lawrence, Nichelle, Tracy, everybody! I laughed as tears poured down my face. Ash brought up a chair and Dad sat me there. Everybody came up and kissed me on the cheek and patted me on the shoulder. They had already been warned about my stomach so they didn't want to hug me.

It was a really good night but I felt so tired. Most of everybody left and the only people left were Troi, Lucy, Ash, Sash and my family. They started talking about vacation and I prepped up a little.

Shay: Guys! (voice slurring due to medicine) Let's go on a Shaycation!
Troi: Yeah, we were talking about that
Lucy: Where should we go?
Shay: I was thinking... Bora Bora (eyes closed)
S: Oh my God, I hear it's beautiful there! I've always wanted to go!
Shay: (smiles/eyes still closed) I know
Troi: Well, when Shay's cleared to go, let's go!!
L, A, S: Yeah!!!

I don't know when I fell asleep. All I know is I woke up in Sasha's arms. My heaven.