Chapter Twenty-Five

Sasha

I couldn't stay away. She couldn't either. I guess that's how we ended up in a New York hotel having back to back orgasms. I'm laid on my back looking up at the ceiling. The only noise in the hotel room is the sounds of our heavy breathing. Hudson is off visiting Josh and Matte is back in Canada.

Shay: What are you thinking?
S: How we managed to fuck for 4 hours straight?
Shay: (laughs) I warned you before I cam over. That's what three weeks will do
S: Sheesh! But I'm definitely not complaining
Shay: (sighs) As much as I love this, I feel bad about it
S: It's not ideal but... I love spending time with you, making love to you
Shay: I know. (Kisses her/cuddles closer)

I kissed her forehead and we laid there watching a movie on Lifetime. It's actually one of our favorite things to do. After we tire each other out, we either watch Lifetime or Netflix. One of the perks of being with a woman. I heard my phone vibrate on the dresser and I reached over to pick it up.

Hud: Hi babe!
S: Uhhh (looks at Shay) Hi. Wh-what's up?
Hud: I was calling to tell you I'm back on the way to the room. Are you there?
S: (eyes wide) Uhhhh, Yeah, Yeah. I'm here. How far are you?

Shay got the message and got up, throwing on her jeans and t-shirt. She put her hoodie back on and slide her feet into her shoes. I hate this. I hate that we have to sneak around. I hate when we have to leave each other's arms with no definitely knowledge of when we'd get the chance to cuddle again. I hate being without her.

I ran up to her, making her turn to me, I looked into those chocolate brown eyes and for a moment, I want to end it all. I want to tell Shay that I love her, I'm in love with her. I want to call Hudson and tell him that I will always love him as a friend and thank him for being there when I felt no one else was. I want Shay to end things with Matte and just be with me. We got lost in our infamous stare and I closed my eyes, leaning my forehead against hers.

Just then, a knock sounded on the door. I thought it was Hudson so I moved around Shay to answer it. When I swung open the door, Shay's manager David and my manager Tom were standing at the door.

Tom: Ladies, we need to talk

We all came into the room and closed the door. We sat in the living room of the hotel. David looked uncomfortable while Tom looked a little pissed.

Tom: Ladies, how are you?
S: We're fine Tom. To what do we owe the pleasure?
Tom: It's been brought to our attention that something may be going on with you two?
S: (frowns) What do you mean?
David: (clears throat) One of my contacts in Canada received this picture
Tom: We just need clarification so that we can move forward with an action plan

Shay and I looked at the picture. Someone caught us kissing as we went into the hotel room yesterday. I heard Shay gasp while dread filled my entire being. This will create a disaster if it gets out.

Tom: Now Ladies, we don't want you to think this is frowned upon, but we'll, it's a sticky situation. And if this gets out, it could totally compromise your careers
David: As much as we don't want to do this, this needs to be nipped in the bud quickly so we're approaching you with this. To see how to get rid of this

I felt my heart rate pick up and I started to panic. I didn't want things to happen like this and before I could stop myself, I spoke.

S: Listen, nothing is going on. We just had a little bit too much wine. And we kissed. It means nothing. Hell, it's out job to kiss, right? (Laughs)
Tom: So, there's nothing going on romantically between you two?
S: (nervous laugh) Oh God no! I have Hudson and he's on his way right now. We're getting married in a few months and I don't need this rumor ruining things for us
Tom: See David, I told you that nothing is going on!

Shay

I don't know why Sasha's word hurt so much. But they did. I haven't felt heartbreak like this since I was 13 and the guy I had the biggest crush told all my friends that he wasn't interested in me. I couldn't look at her and tears were springing forth in my eyes. I just want to disappear.

David: (says softly) Shay?
Shay: (shakes head) It's nothing Dave
Tom: Great! So David, we'll reach out to your contact and say the picture is just practice for the upcoming show. We'll get in touch with Marlene to see what we can leak about the show and we'll hopefully wipe this under the rug

My eyes were hot and blurry with tears. How could I do this to myself? Here I am ready to give my all to her and she doesn't even want me. I wish I could teleport from here right now. Just as I built up my courage to look up, Hudson stepped into the room. I watched as Sasha threw herself in his arms and it almost broke me. They kissed and it felt like the sword through my heart was turned full circle and pushed in.

Hud: Hi guys, hi Shay! What's going on?
S: Nothing! The guys and Shay were just leaving

I just want to die. How can you just finish making love to me and holding me I. Your arms then turn around and be so cold? I nodded before giving a quick smile to no one in general before rushing out. I got to the elevator and I was grateful that no one else was inside. My shoulders shook as a sob came forward. My heart finally broke in pieces. A hand stopped the door from closing. David's arms engulfed me.