11:28 SUNDAY

(dedicated to a dear reader of this story, @alwaysinmyheartmaia)

As the sweet sound of vibrating echoed through the dark room, Louis slowly opened his eyes. The sun had started to peek through the blinders, and beautifully reached the other homo sapiens who had been lying beside Louis the whole night. What was the time even?

Getting a hold on his phone, Louis squeezed his eyes shut once again and started to rub his eyes with his free hand, trying to adjust to the light. Once he felt his eyes had adjusted to the bright light on his phone, he let his gaze run over the still vibrating phone.

It wasn't a number he knew, but he answered it anyway.

"Hello?" He said.

"Hello, is this Louis?" The voice clearly belonged to a female.

"Yeah, who's this?" Louis answered.

"I'm Maia your new co-worker, congrats on your new job," she said.

"I got the job?" He exclaimed, maybe he sounded just a little too happy, but the thought of providing more money for him and his mom sounded amazing.

"You got the job," she answered in a mocking tone.

"Wow, amazing, thanks!" He once again exclaimed, almost forgetting that Harry was laying beside him, sleeping.

"Your first day will be on Friday, you free there?"

"Yes, what time?"

"Your work days will vary, but from 4 pm to 9 pm would be it,"

"So 4 pm on Friday?" He asked.

"Exactly. I'm looking forward to meeting you,"

"Me too,"

"Have a nice day," she said.

"You too," Louis said before hanging up.

This could get interesting very quickly. Maia seemed too nice to be real, maybe Louis would even befriend her when he would start to work. Hank, on the other hand, was a different story, don't get on his bad side and everything would be alright, that's what Louis' strategy was. He had tried as hard as he could to give a nice first impression, but Hank didn't seem overly impressed by him. The elderly man with the hairy arms would sure be a challenge.

A little morning yawn from the other side of the bed, made Louis turn around to get a glimpse of the boy lying beside of him.

Laying down and snuggling closer to Harry, Louis inhaled the older boy's manly scent. "Guess what," Louis said, propping himself up on an elbow, looking down on Harry.

"I heard it, congrats," Harry said in a monotone way.

Suddenly getting confused, Harry didn't sound very excited at all, just very groggy and tired.