Ikarishipping Soulmate AU

Requested by: JaciSerigala

Dawn was working along in her Foods class, cutting vegetables for the soup her group was making. She made sure that all of the pieces were even, and the knife cuts were precise. Her mind wandered to her long-time crush, and she accidentally cut her finger. Shit! She thought, going over to her teacher to fix the little mess.

Her teacher wraps up the cut with some gauze, and wraps a bandage around the finger, tight enough to stop the bleeding. The cut was deep, however, and Dawn was taken to the hospital to get stitches.

Over in the Tech room, Paul is shocked as tiny white carnations bud out from the end of his pointer finger, in a small, even line. He has no idea what's going on, so he feels embarrassed at the girliness of this occurrence and hides the flowers with a black glove. He continues his work, and tries not to think about it.

When Paul gets home for the day, he takes off his gloves, and yes, the carnations were still there. What the Hell is this?! He thought angrily. He looked a bit longer and suddenly the flowers were slowly fading away, one by one, as though being sewn back into his skin.

A week later, Dawn had grown a blooming rose bracelet on her wrist at the same time that Paul broke it. Neither noticed the connection between them, a flower for an injury. Why was this happening?!?

One day, Bianca, a journalist, noticed the connection between the two. She believed in soulmates and she knew exactly who to ask about it. Shauntel. The blonde made her way to Shauntel's black house, rapping on the door.

"Hmm? Oh, Bianca!! Yes, come in!" Shauntel leads Bianca inside her house, into her magic chamber, a room full of floating objects and spiraling bookshelves.

"You're here about the newly found soulmates, yes?" Shauntel asked, as though reading Bianca's mind.

"Y-yes," Bianca replied shakily. Sometimes her friend scared her.

"They are soulmates, Fate has told me. Don't worry, I'll get them together as soon as I can."

"That'll be great."

Did I do well? I hope so... Thanks for the request, and I'm working on the other ones that were given to me also, so stay tuned!!