Part 30- Promise

Joe's POV

Today was mine and Rachel's final date, and I've saved the best for last. I just hope we can be together. She's all I want! I decided I'd text Rachel the location of the last date and I'd meet her there.

Me: Park, 6pm, casual!

Rachel: Ok, see you there!

**********************************

It was 6pm, I saw Rachel walking up to me. She looked gorgeous. She was wearing a nude/pink top with blue denim shorts and white converse. Her hair was in a messy bun and she was wearing simple but natural make up. 

Wow! She looked amazing!

Rachel's POV

I was walking up to Joe. Behind him I saw a big blanket with a basket.

"Thought you'd fancy a picnic!" Joe said, smirking. With that, we sat down. He pulled out a rose from behind him and handed it to me. 

"I know its cliche but I know it's your favourite flower!" he said, smiling. 

"Awww! Thank you, it's lovely!" I said, smiling. We'd gotten through the picnic, talking and laughing about random things. I loved our conversations; they always flowed and never seemed forced. After we got up, Joe turned to face me. 

"I have one more surprise for you!" he said, grinning. 

"Oh ok!" I said, smiling. As we started walking away, something dawned on me. 

"What about the stuff?!" I asked, confused. 

"Someone is coming to get it!" he replied, smiling. 

"Oh ok!" I said. We walked hand in hand. We ended up at the pier, then we started walking to the ferris wheel. 

"Sugg" Joe said to the man whom I guessed was in charge of it. The man gave Joe a nod and we walked towards it. Wow, it looked high!

"I know you don't like heights but I'm here!" Joe said, smiling. 

"Ok!" I said. I didn't care, when I was with Joe I felt like I could do anything. We reached the top of the ferris wheel when it suddenly stopped. Joe didn't seem surprised. The view was amazing. The sunset shone over the glistening ocean. 

"Rachel" Joe said. I faced him. "These past few months with you have been the best months of my life. I've got to share so many amazing memories and fun times with you. I know you've been through some battles but together we will win the war. But the amount of times you've been knocked down and got back up shows the strength and bravery you have in you. You're an unbelievably amazing person. I brought you here because you remind me of the ocean; you're turquoise eyes glisten and the love I have for you sets in my heart!"

Joe pulled out a box with a silver ring with a pink gem on it. I gasped.

"This is a promise ring" Joe said, smiling. "If you accept this I promise to love you, care for you, be loyal to you and show you how special and amazing you are. I loved the four dates we had and I want to have so many more with you. I love you i've been able to prove to you how much you mean to me, how much I care for you, how much I want you and how much I love you!"

Tears welled up in my eyes. 

"Rachel" Joe said. "Will you be my girlfriend?!" I took a second to wipe away my tears of joy. 

"Yes!" I said. "One hundred percent yes!"

Joe placed the ring on my finger and we shared a kiss. A kiss that will go down in history as the best kiss of my life. With the best guy in the world!

End of Part 30

Authors note:

Hi guys!

So Rachel and Joe are finally together. I'd just like to thank my internet best friend @ErinClarke8 who gave me the idea for Joe asking Rachel to be his girlfriend on the ferris wheel! Erin, you're the best! Well, until next time!

Rachel x