Part 17- Lips Locked!

Rachel's POV

It's been two days since Joe came to stay. I tried to let him have my bed but he wasn't having any of it! He said he's more than happy to sleep on the sofa. The police were informed about Harvey texting me, and are currently trying to trace where he might be. I do feel more protective with Joe here, but i'm still worried constantly. 

Erin was currently out getting the food shop. I offered to go but she said she needed to get some other things anyway. It was just me and Joe in the flat. I still feel embarrassed, we nearly kissed. So I decided, I needed to talk to him about it. Although I wanted it to happen, I know it was just a moment. I looked so desperate. Joe would never want to kiss me. I just hope it doesn't ruin our friendship, even if I did want more, it could never happen. Even if Joe wanted to be in a relationship, which I know he wouldn't, I couldn't go into one yet anyway. It's too soon after Harvey, it's going to take a while to heal mentally and emotionally. 

"Joe, can we talk?!" I asked. 

"Sure!" he said, cheerily. He turned and faced me. 

"About the other day" I said. "In the cupboard...."

"Oh" he said. I could tell he was feeling awkward too!

"I'm sorry!" I said. "I didn't mean to do that! I know it would have surprised you. You probably think I forced myself on you!" I looked at the floor, I felt so embarrassed. 

"Of course I don't think that!" he said, seriously. "It happened on both of our parts. I didn't exactly move away, did I?!"

"I'm sorry though! I know I looked desperate!" I said as tears started to crawl down my face. "I'm just not used to people being nice to me. I've been so weak for the past two years and I liked how you were so kind and friendly. But I shouldn't have done what I did!"

"Rachel, you're not weak!" Joe protested. He lifted my chin up with his finger, so that I was looking at him. "You're the opposite of that, Rachel! You're one of the strongest people I've ever met! You got through your parents death, the abuse and these threats by him. You are one of the kindest, most genuine and most beautiful people I know and will ever know. I love the way you away. I love the way you look and I love your personality. It breaks my heart hearing you say all this horrible stuff about yourself. You deserve someone who will treat you like a princess! You're amazing!"

Those were the nicest things anyone had ever said to me. Sparks flew around my body. We gazed into each others eyes. Joe got closer to me, and before I could get closer to him, out lips locked. 

End of part 17

Authors note:

Hi guys! Hope you's loved the chapter! Thanks for all the love and support and I love you all! Well, until next time!

Rachel x