Chapter 31: Knocking at Deaths door

Jumping to the side I clutched my side. What was I honestly thinking? I was sore and in pain but thanks to how fast I healed my body was putting itself back together. That being said it wasn't the most pleasureable thing to experience, my skin pulling and knitting itself back together. It was painful but not as much as the amount of times Blake had got me with his sword. 

Standing straight up again I refused to show that I was in any pain though, sadly, I knew he could tell but it didn't change anything. His eyes only grew brighter. With each hit or slice he did the red eye he had glowed even brighter, that in itself was the most nerve wreacking. My own eyes had turned their red and even with the strenght I know felt I couldn't even get him to draw a single drop of blood.

Letting out a breath I dropped my sword and ran at him. I was always better at hand to hand, this time it would be hand to sword though. Literally brought a knife to a gun fight. 

The blood had both stained and ran off the leather suit that I wore. It was cut it so many different places, showing the dry blood on my skin. Luna had said Blake was strong and that if I just let the monster take over I would win but I tried. I tried to accept the monster I was, I thought I had, and yes I felt a bit stronger but not strong enough to even do damage. 

Blake dropped his sword as well just as my fist went straight for his face. Grabbing my fist he stapped it back, breaking it. I didn't let it fase me as I brought my leg up and got him on his side. I had pulled away when he fell across the floor. 

Just as I cracked my wrist back into place he was back on his feet and aiming a kick for my head. Jumping back I thought I had gotten away from any attack he planned but I was wrong and didn't count in the speed that he had. He judged my next move and before I realised he was behind me. Spinning round I ended up with his hand wrapped around my throat. 

I gasped which was a big mistake. It wasn't that I couldn't breath, I could last a little while without breathing but his hand was crushing my throat. Slowly. Painfully. I clawed at his hand and kept trying to kick him but the harder he held my throat the more I felt like I was actually dying. That's when fear really hit me so I gave one last shot at surviving everything that was going to happen. 

I fell still, my hands fell to my sides and I just stared at Blake. One last chance. I knew it was the only way. Blake would kill me if I didn't. I was already knocking at deaths door when I walked into the building and I was closer to it now so I had nothing more to lose.

"I gave up." I whispered what I could but some words was just mouthed. "I yield." 

His eyes went wide and filled with confusion then he dropped me like I was on fire.

I fell to the ground and coughed up some blood. Looking up at him I saw him staring at me but he seemed to be looking through me. Bringing a hand up to my neck, it felt sore but I could feel it healing already. 

Blake seemed to focus on me again and his eyes dulled slightly. "Get up." He ordered. When I didn't move he grabbed my arm and pulled me to my feet. He let me go then went and picked up our swords. After that he grabbed my arm. "Let's go." He pulled me up the stairs with him.

As I was dragged beside him I still felt the bullet in my thigh which was very uncomfortable. Blakes hold was gentle this time though. It was a soft but strong hold he had on my arm. It was surprisingly more comforting than I thought it would have been. 

"You don't know what's going to happen to you now." He warned in a whisper. "I don't either." 

I looked up at him then back at the floor as we walked with much purpose. 

I didn't honestly care what happened me, as long as I got the answers I wanted I didn't care. I didn't speak at all and Blake got the message that I wasn't going to so he pulled me along the hall quicker.