Chapter 13: Just a little closer

"What is it?" I heard the guard ask as I blanked everything out and stared at the box.

Brushing her off I reached in and took out the two tubes. The anger I once had for the women that stood beside me changed to Jessica. I had to watch my grip on the tubes because I could have broke them.

I started to make my leave because I wanted some answers from Jessica. The guard happened to have a different idea and seemed to gain some courage.

"I can't let you leave!" She moved after me while I walked to the elevator.

"You tried to stop me once before, that didn't work out for you. So back off and let me leave." I stopped at turned to her. She stood just before she walked into me and turned to hold a strong glare but I could see her fear. "I am going to leave this building and if you try anything I will come back down here and I will give you the bullet back that you gave me." I pushed the button and the elevator opened. "I would go back and check on your friend." I stepped into the elevator.

If Jessica had worked on what was in the tubes I was pissed at her. It meant that she had a hand in killing a fair amount of supernatural beings and that just wasn't right. Then to get me to help her get it back. That meant I was helping them. Just because I didn't really socialize with them didn't mean I wasn't still one.

After making my way back the way I came and out of the smoking area then onto the streets again I went straight for Jessicas house. She had some serious explaining to do and then no matter her answer I was going to make her help me.

By the time I got to her place it was around one in the morning but I didn't feel like being polite so I walked in. I assumed they had left the door open for me because the her and Simon set in the living room watching tv.

"Hello." I made them jump. Jessica jumped to her feet and smiled at me but frowned when she saw blood on my clothes. "Most of it is mine."

"Are you alright?" Simon asked.

I ignored him and glared at Jessica. "Want to explain to me why you have gotten me to steal back something that has been killing supernaturals?" She looked at me shocked. "Before you try to answer me with some bull I will warn you. I have been shot, I'm pissed off and you have added to my bad mood."

She gulped. "When we started to make it we didn't know it was going to be targeted at supernaturals. Not everyone I worked with knew about them at that time so we were just adding things and making it. We thought it wasn't for killing."

"Could you make a vaccine?"

"I could but I have no where to work on it. I would risk getting fired because they never wanted one and I would be wasting resources."

"It wouldn't really be a waste if it's saving peoples lives." Simon chimed in.

Jessica looked at him. "In the companies eyes it would be."

"Well you can repay me for helping you by helping me." I said.

"How?" Jessica looked back at me.

"Calling in sick to work and coming with me. I have a place you can work and someone you can work with to create the vaccine."

"She'll go." Simon answered for her.

"What?" She glared at Simon. "No, I'm not."

I twitched. "Excuse me." She glared at me but I matched hers with my own. "You have had a hand in killing so many supernaturals. You helped create this thing then you made me steal it back for you." I shouted at her.

"Jess." Simon sounded pissed. "You killed people!?"

"I found someone dead with the poison then more people started to pop up."