Chapter 23: Planning

I felt a pain shoot up my side after Luca had flipped me onto my back. I jumped back up after a couple of seconds staying on the ground while the dizziness I felt left. 

Luca had broken a couple of my ribs and cut me a fair amount to make me that my jacket was getting annoying so I pulled it off and threw it to the side. That's when I say the cuts had already started to heal so I was happy, shocked but happy. Luca was cut as well and I was sure I broke his wrist. His cuts were healing but that didn't mean he didn't have blood over him, granted some was mine. 

I was about to go in for a punch but the dizziness hit me full force and I fell down onto my butt breathing heavily. Luca paused and looked at me slightly worried so I tripped him up. Just because I was down didn't mean I was completely weak. Luca fell down and scowled at me. 

Alex was soon beside me on the floor. I pushed him away. "I'm fine." I groaned in slight pain when I tried to stand up so I stayed on the floor.

"You are a complete idiot." Alex started shouting at me. Great now everyone was going to see me getting scolded. I moaned. "You have been through so much the past week alone. Your body is trying to keep up and it's fighting you." He stared down at me glaring.

I glared up at him. "I'm a vampire, my body can keep up." I snapped.

"Do you want me to list off the things that has happened?! Do I need to remind you of how sick you were? Of how you haven't properly been drinking!?" Alex went off on one.

"If the sickness really effected me and still is then I would have felt it earlier." I mumbled, looking away from his glare and just glared at the mat I sat on.

Alex sighed. "It hasn't though, you are still going through the changes he talked about. Can one of you go get her some blood?" 

I heard footsteps going up the stairs. Alex seemed to have took it upon himself to look after me even though I could do it myself. He had started to act like that the past couple of days. I assumed he just wanted me to be healthy again. I guess that he was just worried from the time Joshua injected me with whatever he did which was understandable because someone needed to be, I guess, I wasn't. I did feel weak still from the fight with Ramens minions but I brushed it off like it was nothing and didn't bother to care. 

Alex was a good friend and even though I was sure the stress was coming on to him from Lexis side because of the child on the way and him disappearing and then me appearing he still cared enough.

I pulled my boots off and I heard Luca laugh a little. I looked up at him. He smiled at me and it reached his eyes what made my heart ache. "Cute socks." He moved closer to Alex and I but he said on the floor so he was my height. 

I looked at my socks. They were light pink with a bunny on the toes of them. They didn't go with my outfit but I didn't care, I had cute socks. The only reason I took my boots off was because I twisted my ankle and needed it to be free. 

Noah was soon beside me and kneeling down to give me a pint of blood from the bag. I looked at him as I took it from him. "Thank you." I mumbled. 

"I take it Alex hasn't told us everything?" I heard my dads voice grow closer as he walked over to us. 

Everyone else followed him and I looked up at Alex, he gulped and frowned. Before anything else could be said his phone rang and he groaned when he saw who it was. "Scarlet." He said quickly then excused himself to the other side of the room. 

"Do you what to tell us what he left out?" My dad asked.

I kept drinking the blood and shook my head no.