Chapter 4: A right pain

I had to give it to Anderson, she was smarter than the other cops that I had encountered. Even though they had nothing to keep me sitting in the station she said that she still needed to question me a little more. Then she said to me that they had evidence against me. For that reason I sat on a hard metal chair in a stale and blank interview room.

My eyes followed her voice as it walked around as my head rested on in my hand as my arm rested on the table. From what I heard from her they hadn't made much progress on the case, which surprised me. They had brilliant scientists that should have been able to break down the substance within the mans system. They would have been able to find it, it would have been in his blood which they should have tested. The fact that nothing was spoke about whatever substance killed the man. Having his heart being ripped out could have easily made they not bother with any of that stuff but you would think that they would want to be sure of everything. 

I looked at the mirrored glass when she entered the room. 

Anderson sighed in  frustration. "She knows more than she is letting on and it's pissing me off."  

"You can't let her see that, you know." A mans voice chimed in.

I was smirked and sat up straight looking away from the mirror glass. 

"I have an idea." She then hurried out the room.

A second later she walked through the door and looked me square in the eye. I smiled.

Sitting down she leaned on the desk and folded her arms. "So you want out of here?" 

"That's the idea, my butt is numb and I'd kill for drink." I smirked putting to much effort into saying kill but it made her twitch a little. 

"Then let's make a deal. You tell us what you really know and you get rid of the police car following you." She sat back in her chair smiling.

I took a deep breath. "Honestly, I know nothing. You are trying too hard to pin anything on me and unless you say me actually do something, I can leave." I stood up. "May I leave? I have been sat here for over two hours and I'm done." 

She said nothing but stared at me for a couple of seconds then stood herself. 

I walked to the door and opened it, looking back at her I saw her just watching me over her shoulder. Her plan didn't work. "Drop the case." I said just loud enough for her to hear.

This got a reaction from her when she swung to look at me with questioning eyes. 

When I had gotten back to the room I heard a ping sound for the bag under the bed. Kicking the door closed with a sigh I pulled the bag out. 

This bag was different from the bag I kept my close in. It was smaller and held phones. These phones weren't new, they didn't have touch screen and had a long battery life. Each had a different number and name attached to it, which was a pain but after awhile I had learnt what phone was for whom. This was a missed phone called from an unknown number and a text message from the same number. They wanted a meeting with Lilly, me. 

I texted them back asking where and when. They quickly texted back saying to meet them at noon in a small cafe in the middle of town. 

Sighing I put the phones back under the bed in the bag and fell onto the bed. It wasn't like I wanted to go straight back to work. I wanted to deal with the poison and then go back to work. However, not many knew about my Lilly alias so I was intrigued. Just because I agreed to a meeting didn't confirm that I would do the job for them. It only confirmed that I would listen to what they wanted me to do, if it didn't interest me I wouldn't do it and it depended on the person. It was rare that I would do anything for a supernatural so until then I wasn't their hitman yet.